6 weeks post op and mixed emotions

ksoto2014
on 9/9/14 2:39 pm - Sunnyvale , CA

Hi everyone

So I am 6 weeks post op and with in this time I have had to also have chemo for my Lupus. It has been a bit tough on my system but still loosing. due to deconditioned system I started Physical Therapy to help with proper walking and exercising but still not able to walk a long time yet. Only down 45 lbs but that is ok cause still going in the right direction. I have noticed my whole body is changing shape as well which is so odd. It is amazing to see. Eating regular food is a challenge though sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I can't always go down well. definitely a learning process. I hate crushing my meds and taking them its hard to swallow them but it has to be done. I've notice my taste for things have changed as well which is interesting. I have my moments when I regret doing this and then I am fine with it.  Just keep moving forward. I am going to learn to adjust for my chemo sessions but all will be ok eventually.

Still trying to figure out best option for sugar alternative since I can't tolerate the fake stuff. either  I'll do agave or something else like honey or just brown.

I will keep moving forward as always and be glad for every pound I loose.

MickeyDee
on 9/9/14 4:09 pm

Try stevia or Truvia;  it's a natural leaf sugar, and I keep it with me when I go out for iced tea, etc.

SandieMc49
on 9/9/14 9:21 pm

I'm just really curious - why did you say you were "only down 45 pounds"?  What were your expectations and who set them for you?  I guess maybe I've been on here too long, I don't know - but I'm always amazed at how and why people get the idea that they aren't losing as fast as they should. 

Actually you are doing fantastic.  You are strong and brave and what a wonderful example you are.  No doubt you will move forward and achieve your goal.  I'm rootin' for ya!

Sandie

ksoto2014
on 9/10/14 3:49 am - Sunnyvale , CA

Thanks Sandie

I guess you are absolutely right I look at what others have lost and think I'm a snail. But I am doing fine. I started at 347 and I'm doing great in my book I haven't seen below 325 in decades I look in the mirror and I have a neck. I would like to get to 175 I think that's a natural curvey woman. I want to go for walks and exercise without stress on my body. I want to be healthy.  I hope eating real food gets easier. Thanks for the support xoco

Most Active