Oy! This HAIR :-(

tiffanys73
on 9/6/14 11:07 pm

I'm a year out and I live my sleeve and all its done for me but.... My hair is still dry, brittle, thin and growing at a snails pace if any! I've got a counter full of supplements, a bathroom full of products! I massage my scalp daily. Anyone found anything that helps???

i don't want to cut my hair shorter in fear of it never growing. My hair just looks so bad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jenn1469
on 9/6/14 11:27 pm

Buy those clip on extentions or a clip on pony tail

Jennifer

Luvmygs
on 9/7/14 2:05 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I read the key is to eat enough of the right fats, the good fats. Like; Olive oil, peanut oil, avocados, nuts and seeds like walnuts and ground flaxseed, and salmon. Without adequate fat in your diet we experience brittle dry hair, dry skin and have less energy. I put flaxseed in my food or protein drinks.

tiffanys73
on 9/7/14 3:15 am

I will add more of the good fats to my diet, and get some flax seed. Thank you

White Dove
on 9/7/14 6:19 am - Warren, OH

I am in love with WEN Tea Tree Oil formula.  I use the cleansing conditioner and the styling gel.  I received a bottle for Christmas in 2012 and have been buying it since then.  My hair went from dry, brittle and breaking off to soft, shiny and grows so fast I need to have it trimmed every four weeks. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Valerie G.
on 9/7/14 9:48 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

At a year out, the telogen effluvium phase is past, so my guess is that your problem is nutritional.  If you've not gotten labs in a while, now is the time, anyway.

Another possibility is if this hair is the same old "surgery hair", a haircut may be just what you need to bring it back to life.  My friend's hair was quite lifeless after her DS, and her sister finally convinced her to see a stylist *****cognized damaged "surgery hair" right away.  The results were amazing and her hair's looked fabulous ever since (now several years later).

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

White Dove
on 9/7/14 10:53 am - Warren, OH

Old surgery hair is a good description.  A great cut and style will do a lot to make your hair look and feel fab.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jenn1469
on 9/8/14 4:01 am

My hair came out a llittle today

Jennifer

tiffanys73
on 9/8/14 1:19 pm

I think you ladies are right! It's time to go see a hair dresser! I will call tomorrow to schedule my appointment ! I've also placed an order for the Wen hair care! Hope this will turn things around! Thanks everyone! I also need to have my labs done! I will suck it up and schedule that appointment too :-)

Most Active