Special FRIDAY Express B*TCHFest - 1 gripe only

Bette B.
on 9/5/14 12:38 am

Who needs an extra, special freebie for Friday? I've got a beef and I need to get it out. So, I'm hopping in the express line. Warning - adult content ahead.   ESRB mature rating

- "I've been throwing up for four days."  "I can't keep anything down." "I'm dizzy." "My heart is racing." "I'm bleeding out my eyelids." WHAT DO I DO????  Someone has to TELL YOU what to do? 

Step away from the computer and CALL. A. ******G. DOCTOR. (Wait a minute. OH - where did the ******g brick wall emoticon go?? FUCK!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Bette B.
on 9/5/14 12:41 am

Forgot one: "I've got yellowish stuff seeping from under my stitches and the skin around them in red and swollen. What do I do?"

Grim_Traveller
on 9/5/14 1:14 am
RNY on 08/21/12

My ***** is the people who complain about losing too much weight, and all their friends tell them they look too skinny. That's not the ***** part though. The ***** part is they then complain that they don't know how to gain weight, and are looking for suggestions. And that they couldn't possibly eat an additional calorie.

Seriously? Does anyone here not know how to gain weight? I thought we were all recognized as internationally renowned experts in that field.

I think this is just successful WLSers looking for a passive agressive way to brag. And that's my ***** for Friday.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Bette B.
on 9/5/14 1:19 am

Friends who say "Oh, you need to stop losing weight" are a particular favorite. You didn't like it when I was too FAT, now you don't like me too THIN. Please tell me - in your expert opinion - exact what weight I SHOULD be.

Ladytazz
on 9/5/14 3:21 am

As someone who did lose too much weight I just want to say that gaining weight with a 30 cc tummy isn't as easy as it looks.

And my challenge isn't gaining weight, my challenge is gaining weight while not going back to bad habits.

For what it's worth, it's 4 years now and I have put on a few pounds but in the past, without WLS it would have been a hell of a lot more.

And I hope it never sounded like I was complaining but when complete strangers come up to you and ask you with is wrong with you, you do get a bit concerned.  There was a time that not only everyone I knew but many people off the street felt it necessary to tell me how unhealthy I looked.

And another thing, as someone who has been around here for quite some time, I have seen many a person say that people are complaining they look too skinny even when they are still technically overweight.  Some people just look gaunt when they lose a lot of weight and their friends are concerned because it is such a difference but in my experience at least 90% of people who complain about losing too much weight in the first year or two come back after year 3 and complain about regain.  I did not want to go down that road.

And I love you Grim 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Grim_Traveller
on 9/5/14 7:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/5/14 12:32 pm

You seldom complain about anything When you posted about your weight getting low, we could tell it was a legitimate concern-you didn't post endless pics for validation.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Ladytazz
on 9/5/14 1:22 pm

That's because I don't like the way I look at this weight.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate myself or feel like I am grotesque or anything, I just don't think I look particularly good at this weight. 

I feel like it makes me look older, especially my face.

Not that I give it a whole lot of thought but it's not like I am proud of my body and want to show it off.  I am just glad that I am able to move and do things without pain.

Everytime I see someone who is morbidly obese like I was all I can think of is how much it hurt to do anything.  The absence of constant pain is one of the best things I have gotten from losing weight.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/5/14 2:36 pm

I meant you don't post bikini pics at random

I hear you about aches and pains. I was one big mass of achiness at over 300 pounds and wheezed like a bellows. If I worked all day in the yard I would have to rest the next day. That was one of the worse things.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/5/14 3:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Yeah, what Grim said.

When they've exhausted the topic of their medical complications,  they now are "too skinny" and can't figure out how to put on a pound 

Not talking about you Ladytazz.  You're the coolest 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active