liquid vitamins?

Cheryl H.
on 7/11/14 11:08 pm - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

I tried getting my liquid vitamins and protein powders covered by insurance through ensure but no go.  Where is a good place to get liquid vitamins (I bit the bullet and got my protein powders from my doc) that taste good and are a good price?  I checked WalMart and they have Centrum for $8.98 15 day supply.  I also looked on Amazon and Swanson's but there's so many to choose from, I'm overwhelmed.

Thanks in advance!

Cheryl

Jennsumner722
on 7/12/14 3:20 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Baritrackaapp.com try this website. 

DeeLi
on 7/12/14 6:36 am

Hi Cheryl,found liquid "Alive" from GNC..Large bottle comes "packed" with many vitamins,iron and minerals.I take daily it with my drinks..its a bit "vitaminey"(..you know what I mean).Its cost effective because I have had it 4.5mths now.Good luck

poet_kelly
on 7/12/14 9:43 am - OH

Is there a reason you prefer liquid vitamins?  They are going to be expensive.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cheryl H.
on 7/13/14 1:42 am - Crowley , TX
VSG on 07/24/14

During my BariUniversity training (LOL!) liquid vitamins were discussed as something the doctor wants us on for absorbtion.  I used to have a MLM home based business that sold facial products, make-up and vitamins....one of our home demos was to take a hostess's vitamin and one of ours and place into a glass of water at the beginning of the demo.  Last part of the evening would be to review the progress the vitamin had made in disolving.  Needless to say, ours would be more disolved than the common, grocery store type.  I remember preaching to these women "Americans have the most expensive urine in the WORLD!!" and it's true because what we don't absorb, we basically pee out. I thought a gummy would be good, especially with the new chew chew chew EVERYTHING to smithereens methods but they said we had to have liquids (and they said we had to have THEIR protein shakes, which, along with the vitamins, are sold for my convienence at the office) And my doc's office told us we were going to have to crush our medications and mix into puree or shakes? 

poet_kelly
on 7/13/14 3:49 am - OH

There are no gummies out there that have anywhere close to all the vitamins and minerals we need.  Make sure you read the label of whatever you decide to use.

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery says we do not need a liquid or chewable vitamin.  I wonder why your surgeon disagrees with them.  I suspect it's because they want to make extra money by selling you vitamins and protein powder.

Dissolving a vitamin in a glass of water does not really give you an accurate idea of how it would dissolve in your digestive tract, since your digestive system doesn't contain plain water.  It contains all sorts of enzymes and gastric juices that help break things down.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amy K.
on 7/12/14 11:33 pm - Tucson, AZ

My doc and nutritionist recommenced Bariatric Advantage, but I did some shopping around.  I know that I'll need to have blood work done quarterly for the first year to check vitamin levels, so I decided to start with the cheaper versions first.  Found Biotin at CostCo in a chewable form, B12 liquid at my local grocery store, Calcium citrate at the commissary in liquid and for my multi vitamin I'm doing the chews.   Each one comes in a  different quantity so I figured out the pricing per month and compared it to BA, the cost was about half.  Figure I'll go with BA after the first set of blood work comes in, if my vitamin levels are low. 

High Weight: 264, BMI 46.8, Surgery Date: July 1, 2014, weight 227, BMI 40.2

Roseptl6465
on 7/13/14 8:35 am

Hi All,

I got my liquid vitamins/minerals off the internet by a company that was referred to me by my bariatric surgeon, Dr. David von Rueden.  It is called Nutrametrix.  The liquid multivitamin/mineral is isotonic, is absorbed within 5-10 minutes of taking it.  When you mix the powder with water (2 oz.) it with will fizz.  It tastes like orange tang. 

I hope this helps others out.  I know I have been struggling taking just Wal-Mart brand, and they are like the size of horse pills.  A 30 day supply I think is around $10 +.   It is the avg. price compared to other brands.

Andrew

Most Active