Regain Train - This is why you want to stay on track

ididabadbadthing
on 3/26/14 3:42 am - TN

Hi 

Now I remember what was the number one motivation for me staying on track for so many years.  Granted it took a 1, 2, 3 life crisi*****h to knock me off the game plan, but wow, it's as bad as I remembered. I had failed for 30 years and before I had my surgery I wanted to make sure I had it right in my head before I cut my insides.  It took an extra 6 months before my surgery, but it was worth it.  I knew that if I fell off the wagon during my weight loss process I would never get back on. That was my life pattern and didn't want to go there ever again.  

Yesterday was my first day trying to detox from sugar and bad carbs. Today I feel so rotten, headache, stomach screaming and so heavy and slow.  When I ate clean and moved I felt like a 20 year old.  No I am not telling you how old but really old LOL

If you are still in your losing phase, make notes what works and doesn't and then make sure you understand that is the way you are going to eat/move for the rest of your life.  Don't say well after I get back to goal I am going to do this and that again.  No matter what surgery type you had, stay the course and don't look back unless you are headed there.  For me, I had a bite of this and that from time to time but I had CONTROL!

BTW - what really shocked me was when I was reaching for bad choices the first thing that went through my mind was I remembered this tasting better than this? And why did I eat this for 30 years? Because I didn't know there was something better out there, but it takes time to get the poisons out of  your system.

Keep going everyone. You know what to do!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I am going to take something for my sugar withdraw headache  

MyLady Heidi
on 3/26/14 4:53 am

You need to find what works and remind yourself it is for life.  So many people start exercising and changing absolutely everything then get sick of it and can't figure out what went wrong.  You have to make peace with yourself and except you are human, someone actually said that to me the other day that I was human, I took great offense to it because I always thought I was some higher life form.  lol lol  But seriously we are all human and we all have our things we like to do and things we hate to do, and it you try to do things you hate and you really hate them you aren't going to do them.  It is hard being honest about what we are about.  It took years for me to realize I will never eat like everyone else, I can't or I will fail.  If I ate breakfast and lunch every day I would be riding the highs and lows of my blood sugar all day long.  I would inevitably eat too much and gain weight.  So I devised MY plan for my life and it works for me.  I don't tell people how to eat, I tell them they need to figure out how they eat and how they can eat forever for their lifestyle and habits. 

Good Luck.

Curious.George
on 3/26/14 6:56 am - Canada

Thank you both for sharing.  I lost a large amount of weight at least once before by cutting out sugar.  Then I started to eat it again thinking I could control it!  Boy was I wrong!!!  So now that I have had the surgery and have cut out all sugar again (except for fruit), I have basically lost all the weight again.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and I never want to have to go through this again, so, for me, the moral of the story is that I cannot eat sugar! I stay away from sugar and white flour and try to stick to meats, veggies, fruit and dairy only.  It is not as boring as it sounds! Good food, good body! Thanks again for sharing.

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Amy R.
on 3/26/14 9:09 am

don't look back unless you are headed there

I LOVE THIS!

And I love the other posts too. Every one of us is different (that's why there is no "best" surgery) and until we recognize this and stop trying to fit what works for us into a food/exercise plan that works for someone else we will never have long term success.

Most Active