Malaysian Plane Mystery, does it make you eat?

ididabadbadthing
on 3/24/14 6:19 am - TN

Hi Everyone,

I use to lurk here years ago when I first had my surgery.  I decided to come back to get my stress eating, weight regain under control.  I am a stress/emotional eater and know what I need to do.  First I need to identify the stressers that make me eat.

Watching the plane mystery on television is so upsetting, and seeing people in this amount of intense pain makes me want to reach for food.  When I saw the one women collapse crying her son, DIL and grandchild was lost I cried, as I could relate.  Do things of this nature make you want to reach for food, comfort yourself with food?

What do you think happened to cause the plane to go missing?

I have decided I can'****ch this any longer and have turned the channel.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 6:30 am

One thing I have learned over the years is there somethings I can not fix.And focusing on it does help anyone.It is a horrible thing that has happened to the people and their families.

I think it is best if we can not help in some one and we just keep obsessing about it we need to change the behavior. My son had a friend pass away in his senior year.Well every time I would pass her parents house I would start to cry not for a minute but for a long while we were driving home. My heart aches for the mother but there is nothing I can do about what has happened.So I try to think of happier things and be thankful for what I have.

The news can make you feel crazy sometimes and all they do is play the same thing over and over.It really is horrible what has happened. Sometimes we just have to turn the Tv. off if it is not healthy for us.

ididabadbadthing
on 3/24/14 6:32 am - TN

I agree with what you say, I think what makes this so different is not having any answers and it "appears" to not be mechanical.  The not knowing must be so hard on them.

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 6:56 am

It is very scary what has happened..I think the not knowing is the worst part.I live behind rose colored glasses I guess sometimes.

Cathy W.
on 3/24/14 6:59 am

I agree - not knowing is especially hard.  It is bad enough to lose your loved ones but to have the emotional roller coaster of the past two weeks and hoping they were still alive, now gone without any real closure makes the sadness so much more difficult.

I also had to turn off the television. I cannot imagine the suffering during the past two weeks for the families.  It makes me appreciate my hubby and kids much more. 

MyLady Heidi
on 3/24/14 10:57 am

I refuse to believe the pilots did anything intentional to harm the passengers, I hope it was just a tragic accident and the oxygen level dropped and the passengers went to sleep before then plane ran out of fuel and crashed into the sea.  And no I cannot eat when I watch tragedy unfold.  The landslide coverage is extremely upsetting to watch also.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/24/14 11:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I know someone who gained 100 pounds during the OJ trial.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/24/14 1:52 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

"If the jury asks, you must eat snacks?"

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 3/24/14 2:00 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

If your pants no longer fit...you must acquit!!  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/24/14 2:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Bingo!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active