Gotta hot date with my orthopedist!

mustlovepoodles
on 1/23/14 11:51 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I'm 3 weeks post op VSG.  I must be looking fine because we have a date for Feb. 6.   enlightened

Unfortunately, it turns out that he doesn't love me for my winning personality and my model good looks. He's only interested in one thing...my stupid left knee. Yeah, my MRI revealed a severe complex meniscus tear, with tears in every direction and it's gotta be fixed. 

I was planning to wear my new sexy red lipstick and my fancy pants, but it looks like it'll be no makeup and a hospital gown for our big 7am date. yes

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/14 1:29 pm
Tracy D.
on 1/24/14 2:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

My brother is an orthopaedic surgeon.  I swear to god, every doctor in that practice of his is DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS!  I want knee problems so I can go in and just look at them.   Hope your doctor is just as easy on the eyes - lol!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mustlovepoodles
on 1/24/14 4:45 am
VSG on 12/31/13

LOL, he's decent looking and has great bedside manner.  Even though he's had to go some very painful treatments on me, he is always so kind hearted and tries his best to help me. I've been fighting this knee for a long time. I'm averaging 2 cortisone shots every month, plus a round of 5 Supartz injections to BOTH knees last summer which did absolutely no good at all. He wanted to do this knee last summer, but I held it off with some PT. Now it's beyond what PT can do for it. I'm just trying to hold off a total knee replacement for as loooooog as I possibly can.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

mkvand
on 1/24/14 4:00 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

If you're trying to hold off replacement, you'll need to cut back on the cortisone.  It accelerates joint degeneration.  I'm really surprised your ortho is letting you have so many injections.  My knee, shoulder, and foot each got one just to tide me over until surgery (three separate surgeries at different times).

VSG 1/6/14 with Dr. Alvarez

AnneGG
on 1/24/14 10:35 pm

Sorry you couldn't wow him! Awfully narrow minded of him!

Good luck with your surgery!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active