Thankful for 2 week pre-op liquid diet

Mimoosmom
on 11/24/13 2:43 am
RNY on 12/04/13

I'm into my 4th day of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet, and I've decided I'm really glad I'm having to do this.  All my life I have lived to eat and this diet is teaching me to eat to live.  It's giving me time before the actual surgery to get used to being disciplined in my eating and drinking.  I think if I hadn't had to do this that it would have made post op learning much more difficult.  I haven't had surgery yet but just some thoughts about the process.

Member Services
on 11/24/13 5:06 am - Irvine, CA

Keep us posted and 

DKD250
on 11/24/13 10:02 am

I feel the same way.  I go for surgery tomorrow but I am already feeling sooo much better.  I can't wait to see how I feel when I am not carrying 100 extra pounds around.  Good Luck!!!

Mimoosmom
on 11/24/13 10:23 am
RNY on 12/04/13

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!!!!

PetHairMagnet
on 11/25/13 12:25 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM Pacific Time, Mimoosmom wrote:

I'm into my 4th day of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet, and I've decided I'm really glad I'm having to do this.  All my life I have lived to eat and this diet is teaching me to eat to live.  It's giving me time before the actual surgery to get used to being disciplined in my eating and drinking.  I think if I hadn't had to do this that it would have made post op learning much more difficult.  I haven't had surgery yet but just some thoughts about the process.

Totally and completely agree! I was on it 22 days and thankful as heck. It helped in my journey to stop looking at food for feelings and for fuel, instead. 

I wish you every success with your surgery and post-op journey!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active