The Fast Metabolism Diet

kdunn
on 9/15/13 7:22 am - Goodlettsville, TN

Has anyone tried this diet after RNY surgery. I am 2 1/2 years out. I can't seem to get the scales to go down any lower.  I eat 1200 calories a day.  protein, then low carb vegies.  I walk a mile a day.  I have been look at this book by Haylie Pomroy.

Kim

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/15/13 8:47 am - OH

If you just continue eating as you are and cut your calories to under 800 per day -- which is what this diet is doing, along with eliminating all dairy, wheat products, sugar AND artificial sweeteners -- I would bet that the scale would move.  This appears to be just yet another in a long line of diet scams that claim that you must follow a very specific food regimen, must combine certain foods, or must ompletely avoid certain foods, in order to lose weight, when in reality all they are doing is giving you a very low calorie diet.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

kdunn
on 9/15/13 8:53 am - Goodlettsville, TN

Thank you Lora.  Congratulation on your weight loss. That is wonderful.  

Kim

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/15/13 9:05 am - OH

Thanks.  I would have liked to have lost another 10 pounds (I *think* I still have 10 pounds of fat, almost all on my thighs), but my body is extremely resistant to it even when I drop down to a ridiculously low calorie level.  I can manage to drop only anotehr 2-3 pounds oer several weeks and then as soon as I go back to the 1300-1400 calories that I usually eat, my weight pops right back to where it was (and likes to be).  I can maintain this weight while still allowing myself a small (under 100 calorie) treat daily, so I have decided that I would rather accept the few extra pounds and be and to enjoy eating than have to watch every single morsel I eat for the rest of my life. I refuse to be on a perpetual diet.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you may be at a weight that your body is "happy" at, and although you may be able to get some additional weight off, it may take a lot of work to get it off.  On the other hand, if you drop your calories quite a bit and drop a few pounds, you might be just as stable at that weight.  I just hate to see people be terribly unhappy about the 5, 10 or 20 pounds they did NOT lose instead of focusing on the accomplishment of all the pounds that they DID lose.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active