feelin down

thirdtimesacharm
on 9/13/13 11:46 am - OH
Monday is my first seminar and I'm excitied n of course worried that for some reason I won't make it there, like missing the deadline on scheduling for a ride!! Ugh.. anyway the hubby said we will work it out so I'm trying to have faith. I also feel guilty for the way I've been eating. I've seen people talking about this happending before surgery because of thinking you won't be able to eat it ever again and o course most foods you can and will eat later on down the line and the ones you can't, well its only food right? So I'm gonna try and watch what I eat n how much because I have a problem taking the weight off of course so why add to the problem.and with the stress I've been having lately my stomach has been killing me n even worse when I eat so less food will be a blessing lol... ok so I'm gonna make out a list of questions over the weekend n keep pushin forward .. focused
Heather_Austin
on 9/13/13 5:08 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Hang in there.  I went to my seminar in August on 2012 after cancelling it twice because I was nervous!  I was so apprehensive about the seminar itself that I didn't sleep that night.  I found a super kind and caring and informative staff and surgeon.  I hope your experience is the same.  I just had a VSG (sleeve - laprascopic) on August 26th and am happy.

What you are describing about the food is called last supper syndrome and I did it to the extreme.  After my 6-months supervised diet (which only meant monthly weigh-ins for me and no diet), I started eating like crazy.  I had a long delay due to issues with insurance (long story).  Part of this was because I quit smoking.  Anyway, I GAINED 20 pounds from March until September of 2013.  I wouldn't recommend that for anyone.

So, just do normal and don't feel back about getting in 1 or 2 last Suppers - just don't do them for months like I did!

Heather - Austin, TX

Member Services
on 9/14/13 4:19 am - Irvine, CA

Go easy on yourself, this a life changing decision you are making and it is a good one.  You are taking control over what has controlled you.  It is a process and you can do it.  Here is some information that we hope you find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/eating-with-awareness/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/the-last-supper-last-mea l-syndrome/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/head-hunger-hang-on-it-w ill-pass/

Keep us posted !

MsBatt
on 9/14/13 8:49 am

Honestly, I eat a wider variety of foods now than I did pre-op. Most people eventually can eat anything they choose to.

Kathleen W.
on 9/14/13 8:56 am - Lancaster, PA

Welcome to wonderful world of wls and the process there off.  What you are describe is so normal because it changes what you think and perceive  about yourself. I had an rny 4 years ago tomorrow and it was the best thing I ever did for myself.   I can eat almost everything in moderation and what my stomach can hold.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

withHishelp
on 9/17/13 8:06 am

Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to a 3 1/2 hr. seminar. We are both looking forward to it. She just made me laugh by saying "since we will be there for hours will they serve us snacks?"  Of course she was kidding!!

Most Active