Weird problem - tongue problems

Stephanie G.
on 8/18/13 11:24 am - San Antonio, TX

I had an RNY Dec 2011 and have done very well.  I work hard to get in my protein, but am not terribly successful.  I do take all the vitamins, take double B 12 and B complex.  My tongue is red, swollen and painful.  I've added folic acid, but can't seem to find any other causes or solutions.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Alese M.
on 8/18/13 11:41 am - FL

The only suggestion I have is to call your doctor on Monday and get his professional input...Maybe your taking too much of a drug...Your doctor is there to help you.  Ask for the doctor to call you.  The nurse may be knowledgeable but ask for him.  She will most likely ask him anyway.

That is all I can add.  I can't even get my vits to go down.  They sit in my chest and I feel so full.

I think I take a thousand pills aday and some capsules are huge !  and take 3 at a time.  I think that is the calcium pill.  I have to take one at a time and then I am full.

Good Luck, alese

MSSEXXC74
on 8/18/13 11:58 am
I'd call the dr. It probably has nothing to do with bypass but you should have it examined immediately due to the fact what if your throught swells and swells shut?
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/13 12:13 pm
Anemia or other nutritional deficiencies may cause that.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossitis

Request a detailed blood work, including complete iron panel..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 8/18/13 12:54 pm - OH

Can be a symptom of several nutritional deficiencies, including B12 and iron deficiency.  When's the last time you had labs done?  What was your B12 level?  Iron and ferritin levels?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Stephanie G.
on 8/18/13 1:28 pm - San Antonio, TX

I had my labs done two months ago.  My iron is still low, so I've doubled my chewable iron. My B12 is actually about double the normal range.  I didn't see iron as a cause, just B12 and folic acid.  I moved out of state, so I will call the surgeon tomorrow.

Thanks.

newlifegirl
on 8/18/13 2:02 pm
RNY on 06/06/13

Could be thrush....call the doc

sfnativewm
on 8/18/13 11:46 pm

I got that last year.    Call your doctor.  I got a prescription of something called magic mouthwash, and in a few days gone!

Good luck!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Most Active