If you are on the fence - read this

ididabadbadthing
on 6/12/13 1:21 am, edited 6/12/13 1:21 am - TN

We all know how bad carrying extra weight is. Most of us here are not just a few pounds over weight we are a lot of pounds over weight.  So much so, it silently eats away at our frame, our foundation until we are faced with debilitating conditions.  If you are young in your 20's and 30's, you tell yourself you have time. Maybe the blood pressure is going up and getting harder and harder to control. The blood sugars are getting out of control and the dreaded "D" (Diabetes) word is being tossed around by your doctor. What you don't see and feel most of the time is the damage it's doing to your foundation.  Let me share with you what someone I know is going through in her early 60's.

Rods in her back

Cementing fractures in her back (from her weight)

No cartilage in both knees, bone on bone

Hip replacement

Surgeon reported after the latest back surgery that her back was a disaster due to all the years of being so over weight

If words don't it for you then maybe drawing a picture will.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Any Questions?  Do what you can now before the above is you.....

Mo Diggity
on 6/12/13 4:42 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13
Wow...scary :(

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

MyLady Heidi
on 6/13/13 3:35 am

Yeah those things you post are my future, I was MO for 20 years and have debilitating arthritis.  For me it is wayyyyy too late but for others please heed the warning, it is really is no joke.  And for those with young kids, do whatever it takes, I mean WHATEVER it takes to make them never know one day ever, not one single day as an obese person.  I am positive no cupcake is worth the pain, agony, mockery and misery of being MO.

okra
on 6/14/13 12:59 pm

And your post, Miss Lady, is powerful, powerful. I'm assuming MO stands for morbidly obese? At any rate, I hope you're doing better since your surgery and weight loss? I hope?

Kathy S.
on 6/13/13 5:04 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am so sorry for what you are going through Heidi.  As for what you said...

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

huskergalWsD
on 6/13/13 6:41 am

here i thought all this time i was making healthy cupcakes,,lol, cake mix with 1 can of Pumpkin..oh well,,

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

mokee
on 6/14/13 1:54 am - OH

Diabetes and my mother in a wheelchair at 50 was my deciding factor.   I am losing slowly now but still losing.   So much better off at 72 lbs less of me.

VSG  12-28-2012

okra
on 6/14/13 1:02 pm

Good for you. Is this weight loss prior to or after surgery?

okra
on 6/14/13 1:10 pm

Dear Bad Thingie,

This post, along with the visuals, just made me cry, but that's okay. It's just that my mother is progressing in the same way. She can barely stand now in her old age. In her adult life she lived in the 300-330 lb. range mostly. She's elderly now. It makes me sad--I empathize so much. 

I am her daughter, but lighter. Neither of us have had the surgery. (She's too old to qualify and would never consider it anyway. For me, it's an option.) I got sick and could not tolerate food for a long time, so I lost 75 lbs. I've regained 30 lbs., and my knees tell me all the time, even when I'm lying in the bed. The wt. has affected my back too.

Thank you for posting.

Most Active