diarrhea

michaela67
on 6/9/13 9:32 pm

Okay so I am five months post opt gastric bypass.  I have been suffering so bad with diarrhea and gas.  So bad that I find myself researching what could be going on with me. To much sugar???To much Fat??? What the heck wen out to red lobster for dinner last night had a half of there roll one stuffed mushroom two fried shrimp with a little tarter sauce water and two sips of my daughters pina colada got home at 6 and spent 5 hours in the bathroom with uncontrollable diarrhea.  This has been going on for the last month. My eating last night was not my usual.  Leaving on the 19th for disney and I already told my husband that I am not eating at any of the restaurants due to the fact I never no when my stomach is going to explode. My question is I made appointment with my primary doctor on Wednesday is there anything I should suggest she test me for??? I eat the same thing everyday because it does not bother me which i know sounds crazy (one multigrain blueberry waffle nothing on top, lunch grandma slice of pizza, dinner small piece of chicken and vegetable and popcorn for snack at nigh) Please help I am loosing weight but I think because I am always in the bathroom

poet_kelly
on 6/9/13 9:37 pm - OH

Sounds like too much greasy fried food last night.

Does baked chicken and steamed veggies give you diarrhea, too?  Does Greek yogurt and a little fresh fruit have the same effect?

Lactose intolerance is also a possibility.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jackie McGee
on 6/9/13 10:04 pm - PA

Greasy food, simple carbs and sugary alcohol would give anyone the runs, post-o*****t.

Try eating better (steamed veggies, rice, grilled meats, protein shakes, yogurts, etc.) and staying hydrated. Give that a few days, and if you're no better, then I'd seek some treatment. Pepto-Bismol and some Gas X strips would help, too.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

MsBatt
on 6/10/13 12:27 am

Have you tried taking probiotics? Sounds like you may have a bacterial overgrowth in your gut.

katiekat412
on 6/10/13 10:42 am
Agree with previous post. You didn't eat too much of anything, you ate things that will make you sick.

Try one week with primarily low fat protein and veggies, and if you eat grains, make them not wheat. Preferably you'll cut all of them out to detox and let the inflammation go down.

If you want to know what you are sensitive, only have one thing at a time: fat, or sugar, or alcohol.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

merry1
on 6/21/13 1:21 am - Canada

I have just started my third week post op.  I still have diarrhea.  I know my stomach is still getting used to things but will this go away?  I am careful not to drink liquid when I eat.  I am on a pureed diet.  It makes me feel queasy sometimes so that I don't feel like eating at all and I reluctantly eat the same thing twice because I'm so turned off food anyways.  Seems I eat just to take my vitamins.  Small amts of fruit seem refreshing.  Today I am not having my crystal lite as I was wondering if the aspertame was not agreeing with me.  I'm going to my bariatric clinic in about two weeks.  Would love to know if we can take medication for the diarrhea?  When you are going to Disney it might be best to always have some Yogurt or Ctg Cheese with you and your water bottle! I would love to try Immodium but not without consent... Let's hope it goes away!! Merry

Another Fatone
on 6/21/13 1:40 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Aspertame gives me irregular and rapid heart rate.

Most Active