New Year New You

Suzanne B.
on 1/6/13 8:24 am - OR

Hi Everyone,

It is a new year, how about you make this year a time to make a new you.  We all have said this is the year I am going to lose weight, and I am starting my diet on Monday.  Too, funny because I used to say and do all these things too.  I finally realized that if diet and exercise were my only answers to losing the weight it was never going to work for me--I failed too many times at it.  I needed something other than this, so it took me 6 months to do my research and I figured out that I want to have weight loss surgery, and my choice was the “sleeve”. Having weight loss surgery is NOT taking the easy way out either.  Guess what weight loss surgery worked, I had WLS and the sleeve over 4 years ago and I lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. 

Please stop making excuses and saying all the things that you are saying to yourself about losing weight.  You and I both know they are NOT working for you.  If Diet & Exercise worked for everyone, we would not have any so many obese or fat people out there. I am sure you have tried as many diets as I have.  It is like riding a roller coaster, and now it is time to get off the roller coaster. When you are on the roller coaster you lose the weight to only regain it back. You are slowing killing yourself with this thing we call a fork.  You are eating too much food and lots of junk food I am willing to guess, because that is just what I did too. Believe me I do understand how you are feeling; I have been right where you are right now.

Never give up on losing this weight, it is possible with weight loss surgery, and WLS is ONLY a tool to allow you to lose the weight.  This is not a miracle cure.  You have to be willing to make a lifestyle change.  I never consider myself on a diet.  It will require you to work hard at it and exercise—I used to hate the word exercise, no wonder I was fat. Now I know the benefits of exercise (walking is my form or exercise) and I walk every day.  Start out slowly when you start to exercise, find something that will work for you.  The biggest challenge is training your brain that it does not need all that food you used to eat.  But in time you can and will do it.  If what I have written touches just one person and they make the choice to go ahead and have weight loss surgery, then I am thrilled.  You can and will be very successful at this weight loss.  I am always here to help you every step of the way.  If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask me anything.  You can always reach me at my E-mail: [email protected]

Your dreams can and will come true. Dr. Aceves was my doctor and I went to Mexicali, Mexico to have my surgery.  He is an amazing man, who is kind and cares about each of his patients.  He is a top rated surgeon. Check out what his patients have to say about him.  The  hospital is impeccably clean with a very low infection rate—far better than any US hospital.  I highly recommend him and his staff.  You will receive top of the line care at Almater Hospital. I have NEVER had the kind of care in the US that I got at Almater Hospital.

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active