New girl on the forum :)

Cynamon13
on 1/4/13 1:30 am - orlando, FL
Hi everyone, and Happy New Year!! My name is Cyn I'm new and trying to get my life on track. I'm 330 pounds at 5'2" and a half. My weight ballooned up after the birth of my son, Sebastian. I have always had weight issues. I have been thinner but I have never ever been thin, I have no idea at all what being thin feels like. I know that daily tasks like getting dressed is physically exerting, I am out of Brest constantly and I sweat profusely. I like to dress well and do my hair and make up. Unfortunately it never stats put due to me sweating all the time, its hard to pick stuff up off the floor if I'm in a sitting position. I'm tired if it all and have my son to think about. I can't even take him to the playground for long because I get tired and lose my breath so quickly. It's embarrassing and tiring on September 21st 2012 I went to Dr. Hoddinott in Ocala FL. I have decided to get the roux-en-y and am in the process in doing my dr visits for 6 mos. I am nervous and excited at once and hope this is the right decision for me. I have the support of my boyfriend an father of our son and my family and his. It's a matter if getting healthy. I am a happy sort, I love to laugh and I find the cup half full. Until the birth if the most beautiful being in my eyes, I was generally ok with myself. Fat and all. But cutting my kiddos playtime because I can't hang is unacceptable for me. He deserves a healthy mom. Sooo in a nutshell that's why I'm here. Thanks for reading and letting me vent out.
Valerie G.
on 1/4/13 2:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Welcome!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Cynamon13
on 1/4/13 5:42 am - orlando, FL

Thank You!! 

karenp8
on 1/4/13 2:13 am - Brighton, IL

Welcome! If you have any questions along the way feel free to ask. I didn't have my surgery until I was 53 and wish I had done it much sooner so I could have been a healthier example to my 2 college age boys. 

momofnini
on 1/4/13 2:36 am - TX

Hi Cyn. I am a newbie myself. I had a DS 2 months ago and can already tell you it is the best decision I have ever made. I have lost 43 lbs and am amazed. Food has been my best friend and enemy as long as I can remember and it feels so wonderful to no think about eating all the time. I am so grateful. Feel free to message me anytime.

Cynamon13
on 1/4/13 5:45 am - orlando, FL

Gosh I know what you mean... Food should be enjoyed and used for sustenance, it seems as if i use food for a bunch of different stuff. I am ready to rebuild a healthy relationship with food, I feel that GP is the best solution for that.  Thanks for your support!

misspeachpie
on 1/4/13 3:31 am - FL

Hi Cyn,! I'm kinda a newbie too. I'm using Dr. Salvador Ramos out of Ocala Regional. Good luck and welcome!

SandieMc49
on 1/4/13 4:35 am

Your son does indeed deserve a healthy (and happy) mom.  I am so excited for the wonderment that's in your future and look forward to how WLS has improved your life and your relationship with your son!

All the best to you,

Sandie

MyLady Heidi
on 1/4/13 5:19 am

You are very wise, I wish I could of had rny when my son was little.  I was the same as you, I tried to do everything but really there was so much I missed out on because I couldn't run and play with him.  It is sad to look back and think how my son grew up, so many moms out there playing ball and whatnot and I never could, and even if I could embarassment would stop me. 

Good Luck and I wish you all the best!

Cynamon13
on 1/4/13 5:58 am - orlando, FL

Thanks everyone for the great vibes, I feel understood. Im glad Im a part of this community!

Most Active