What is your ultimate wish or dream?

Suzanne B.
on 10/14/12 8:59 am, edited 10/14/12 9:01 am - OR
Hi Everyone, What is your ultimate wish or dream? For me it was to lose the weight and NEVER gain it back again. It was to become healthy and not have my poor body hurt every day. So, why are you still sitting on the fence about having weight lost surgery? The number one reason usually is will my insurance pay for it. And if not, how do I get that much money myself to pay for it. There are ways trust me, it can happen, if you want it bad enough!

Here is another one I hear. “I should be able to do this myself—lose the weight and keep it off—maybe I should try one more time. Well, if that were true, YOU would have lost the weight by now—how is that working for you—I am guess it has not. So many of us ride the roller coaster of lose it regain it back. I know I did that. I learned I
had a disease and it is called “OBESITY." Now if you had any other disease and someone said “I have a surgery that I can give you to cure your disease you would jump at the chance to cure you disease. I want you to know that Weight Loss Surgery will and can cure your disease. 

It will REQUIRE   YOU to work at it and eat healthy, and do some exercise. WLS is NOT a miracle cure, but it does work. I am living proof of that. I lost 105 pounds 4 years ago and have kept it off and I am 67 years old. So, I want you to know that you can have your wish or dream come true too.

PLEASE stop sitting there waiting for that magic pill to fall out of the sky and poof; the weight will fall off you. That is NEVER going to happy. Each day you sit there being fat, fluffy, overweight, obese, and large, big boned, tubby, heavy, pudgy, stout, chubby, portly, and plump—I think I found most of the names that described what I was and you are too. I was giving days of my life away which is my biggest regret.

I am here to help you, cheer you on, answer any and all your questions, but I want you to take back the control over your body and your life, and become, happy, healthy and be where you want to be when it comes to your weight. Come on you can do it and we are all here to help you. I had VGS aka “sleeve" done by Dr. Aceves, and I can only speak about my experience, but I feel he is  one of the very best there are out there to do this surgery. He has done more Weight loss surgeries than most doctors. He is proctoring for the company “Johnson & Johnson" teaching other doctors how to do this surgery. The care you get from Dr. Aceves and Dr. Compos and their staff are wonderful, and they truly care about each one of their patients.

Please love yourself ENOUGH to save YOUR own life. You are worth it. If you have any questions you can reach me here on this Web Site or send me a private E-mail: 
 [email protected]  

Hugs,

Suzanne  

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
M M
on 10/14/12 9:32 am
 I'd like to win the lottery.    But, I don't play.  So that's not going to happen.

Otherwise, I'd like to stop having seizures, so I am looking into having brain surgery.  
Suzanne B.
on 10/14/12 1:59 pm - OR
Hi,

I can understand you feelings about wanting the seizures to stop. That has to be something awful to live with. I wish you great success.

Hugs,
suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Tia T.
on 10/14/12 5:36 pm
I want to be confidant and healthy. My future depends greatly on both, so I need them for myself and my amazing wife and daughter. My wish is to finish this 6 month wait, be approved for surgery, and start cutting the "fat" out of my life; everything that gets in the way of confidance and health. Things like: bad eating habits, not liking the person I see in the mirror, not moving my body, the clutter in my house and mind, negative thoughts and words, overspending on items to that never get me anywhere except broke, and these extra 110 pounds.

Thank you for your words of support! There are so many nay-sayers in my life that feel like wls is for lazy failers, but I know that they are wrong and I have mentors like you to remind me of that knowledge. Your post means a lot to me!
                                Looking for my inner peace

Suzanne B.
on 10/15/12 6:51 am - OR

Hi,

I am here to support you every step of the way.  You know that you are doing the right thing.  It takes more courage to have the weight loss surgery than to fail over and over trying to do it on your own.  When they see you become healthy and the weight is coming off you, and your attitude is changing then maybe they might start cheering you on.  But, some may never cheer you on because they are jealous because you had the courage to change your entire life.

You have EARNED the right to do this.  They haven't lived one minute in your body.  And until they have walked in your shoes they have NO right to put you down for doing what you are going to do. Sometimes we just have to put the negative people by the way side because they are not healthy for us to be around.  This is ALL about you and NO one else. 

If you have any questions or need support just contact me.  I am always out here for you.  I have been down the road ahead of you and know what it is like.
Hugs,
Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/12 7:25 pm
 Its funny how after the excess fat ( and resulting ill healh )  comes off life really starts ( at least it did for me ) Now I'm playing catch-up  HARD... 

Every day I  am so grateful hat I HAD this wonderful lifesaving surgery ...  and I am also grateful for the many suffering years before then  because they allow me to better reach people through my art .  
Suzanne B.
on 10/15/12 6:55 am - OR
On October 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM Pacific Time, meeow2 wrote:
 Its funny how after the excess fat ( and resulting ill healh )  comes off life really starts ( at least it did for me ) Now I'm playing catch-up  HARD... 

Every day I  am so grateful hat I HAD this wonderful lifesaving surgery ...  and I am also grateful for the many suffering years before then  because they allow me to better reach people through my art .  
Hi,

I am so very happy for you.  Everything happens in our lives for a reason, and sometimes we just don't see it at the time.  Congratulations to you and I will you nothing but success.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Mal
on 10/14/12 9:16 pm
 Great post! 

I also am here to help pre-ops because there were so many 'vets' here 2 1/2 years ago that helped me.

Mallisa

Suzanne B.
on 10/15/12 6:57 am - OR
On October 15, 2012 at 4:16 AM Pacific Time, Mal wrote:
 Great post! 

I also am here to help pre-ops because there were so many 'vets' here 2 1/2 years ago that helped me.

Mallisa
Hey Mallisa,

Yeah for you. I love it when we are willing to step up and give back to those who might need it.  We sure had it when we needed it. I had some really great help and support, and I try to give back to anyone who needs a little support, help, or cheer them on.

Keep up the great work that you are doing.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Kat1313
on 11/13/12 2:49 am, edited 11/13/12 2:51 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

I'm so glad I came across your post! I was just browsing thru some old posts and there it was.  I've been on the fence for a while about WLS - paperwork was just submitted to insurance so have to make a decision.  My reason for concern is my age - I'm 62, soon to be 63.  So I have been wondering if this is all worth it.  Will I live long enough to enjoy the benefits?  I have sleep apnea, cholesterol is a little high, some arthritis, but no diabetes, high blood pressure or cardiac problems yet.  I had abdominal surgery last year and came thru fine.

Just knowing that there is someone else who has been there, done that at the same age is tremendously helpful.  And you're right, I have been sitting here waiting for that magic pill to fall out of the sky, that one day I will wake up and all this weight will be gone.

So thank you for posting your story, it has encouraged me a great deal.  Would love if we could stay in contact, I could use a "guide" along this journey.

Kathy

[email protected]

Most Active