Turkey Spam?

Tammy H.
on 9/4/12 1:27 pm - Greenville, OH
How many of you have ate Turkey spam before?  Did you like it?  Is it salty tasting?  Does anyone know the information about it? Would you use it in a casserole? How would you prepare it? Thanks for your time...Tammy

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

mcmanis
on 9/4/12 1:57 pm - CA
VSG on 08/29/12
Turkey Spam

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving  
Calories 80  
  % Daily Value
Total Fat 4g 0%
Saturated Fat 1g 0%
Cholesterol 30mg 15%
Sodium 450mg 40%
Total Carbohydrates 2g 6%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g  
Protein 8g

Turkey SPAM AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE  
1 can spam,
1 10-3/4 oz. can mushroom soup
4 oz. cream cheese
1 1/4 c. water
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. minced onion
1 7 oz. can mushrooms
1/2 lb spaghetti
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. bread crumbs Combine soup, cream cheese, minced onion, water, and milk in a saucepan and simmer until creamy; set aside. Boil broken spaghetti for 7 minutes and drain.

Dice spam and place in 9x13-inch baking dish or cake pan. Cover with spaghetti and mushroom soup mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, add mushrooms, bread crumbs and top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20-30 minutes.

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

Tammy H.
on 9/4/12 11:53 pm - Greenville, OH
 Thank you so much for the nutritional chart and recipe...I appreciate you taking your time to do this for me...

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

stlfocus
on 9/4/12 4:14 pm - IA
I thought it was OK.  I just browned it in a pan sprayed with Pam.  I didn't fini**** before it got bad, so I don't know that I would buy it again.

Tammy H.
on 9/4/12 11:55 pm - Greenville, OH
I guess the only way for me to know if I like the taste is to give it a try, as everyones taste buds are different...Thanks for your thoughts on this.

SueBee01
on 9/5/12 5:21 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Try slicing it and freezing it.
 Sue

Most Active