Im nervous about the surgery

lopezvicky2002
on 8/24/12 6:37 pm - fontana, CA
i have high blood pressure and I'm  nervous about the surgery...is there anyone out there who has high blood pressure and had the sleeve surgery? how did thing go for you and any recommendation on anything ...like what to expect or what to ask the doctor?...thank you for your time
Hislady
on 8/24/12 8:00 pm - Vancouver, WA
Don't worry about it, as long as your surgeon and the anesthesiologist know about it they will take care of any adjustments that might be needed. They should go over all of that with you when you check into the hospital or some hospitals do a pre-op check in where they go over all that. I've had like 12+ surgeries in the last few years and I have a lung disease and a clotting disorder, never had any problems from the surgeries. They are all prepared for anything that could be a problem and they work all that out ahead of time. So all you have to do is just relax and look forward to a smooth surgery! I know easier said than done but really they will take care of everything for you and don't be afraid to ask your surgeon about it if it still bothers you. I'm sure he'll gladly explain how they will deal with it. There are many, many folks with high blood preassure, it kinda comes with being over weight.
nnalraH
on 8/25/12 9:42 pm
I'm a little nervous too..my date is 9/19..but I'm anxious to "get on the losers bench"...and on my way to being totally more healthy! I don't have much support at home..my mom is supportive..my sister is not..and I recently lost my husband..but I need to do this for myself to move forward.
MsBatt
on 8/26/12 11:32 am
Are you on BP meds? If your BP is well-controlled, there's nothing to worry about.

I was not on BP meds when I had my surgical consult---but I should have been. My WL surgeon sent me to talk to my PCP about my BP, because he didn't want my BP to rise between my consult and my surgery date. (In fact, my BP went down, since my PCP put me on meds for it---and losing weight has made it go down big-time. *grin*)

velma001
on 8/27/12 11:31 pm, edited 9/10/12 4:44 pm - Tustin, CA
 If you are feeling scared and nervous call your doctor and let them know about it. I am sure they will help you out as you are not only person who has been afraid. Keep thinking about what the future holds for you. You are going to be healthy and beautiful and your life is going to be so much better. Good Luck!!
Most Active