Thirsty

Diabolique
on 7/11/12 8:04 pm - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

I understand that after my surgery sodas and juices will be a thing of the past so what will I be drinking after my surgery aside from water?

Valerie G.
on 7/11/12 11:15 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
What surgery are you getting?  I drink diet cokes daily with my DS, but still get plenty of other stuff.  I fill my 64oz mega cup 3 times a day.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

southernlady5464
on 7/11/12 11:48 pm
I was never much of a soda/juice drinker pre-op...

I drink soda when I'm out, usually sharing one with my husband...and will drink some juices...usually juice is full of natural sugar anyway...I've avoided that for almost 20 years of being diabetic.

What I do drink LOTS of is sweet (with splenda****d tea or make my own lemonade.

Water is not your only option, just your best one.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Dani Dutch
on 7/12/12 12:39 am - Netherlands
I drink juice, I can't drink normal pop but I can once it is flat.
Laura M.
on 7/12/12 1:04 am - Fort Riley, KS
RNY on 04/18/12
I drink a lot of powerade 0 the fruit punch flavor.  It is so very good! I used to like propel but for some reason after surgery it tasted really sweet to me and I couldn't drink it.  I have definitely fell in love with my fruit punch :)
Dave Chambers
on 7/12/12 2:06 am - Mira Loma, CA
Water, some sports drinks (Powerade Zero is my fav), or use a lot of water additive. Crystal Lite, Target or Walmart branded additives.  I started using a green tea product that had the health benefits of 45 cups of green tea a few weeks ago. At 6 years post op I thought I'd try something new.  This Green Tea Hawaii packeted tea has 3 flavors,

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

REININGCHICK
on 7/12/12 3:14 am - AZ
omg soda will make you explode after surgery!!! jk.
im not a big soda drinker, i drink it once in a while. i drink a lot of diet green tea.  or make my own with a little splenda.  I LOVE walmart brand of the mio. powerade zero is great!

MsBatt
on 7/12/12 6:01 am
I've never been a big fan of juices, but I do still drink them occassionlly. But I go through about a gallon of iced tea (sweetened with Splenda) every day. I also occassionally drink soda, too, and I don't mean diet soda---for me it's the Real Thing or nothing. (*grin*)
Dragonryder2
on 7/12/12 6:11 am - NM
I usually drink water and add a little lemon juice.  Ummmmmmmm good.

Water is your best bet, but if you read labels carefully you will find other things you can drink.
Diabolique
on 9/9/12 11:26 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12
Thanks for the tips.

I bought some of the Chyrstal Light stuff that you put in your water bottle.  Hopefully it will stay down and taste good post surgery.
Most Active