I gained 40lbs in 2 months

Wannabhealthy barbie
on 4/21/12 10:29 pm
Can someone help me understand I am 3 years out and was doing great...still have the restriction don't eat the wrong stuff stick with veggies and lean protien...didn't change anything and have shot up 40 lbs in 2 mo. I am going to go to the doctor but I am affraid of them being disappointed in me. I never got to goal just above and now I am HUGE!!!! and it is all in my stomach???

M M
on 4/21/12 10:37 pm
 Um.

You pregnant?

Otherwise you need a check-up IMMEDIATELY.  That is nearly impossible weight gain without massive amounts of water ... swelling.
Wannabhealthy barbie
on 4/21/12 10:41 pm
Not pregnant lol!!! Going to go to the doctor this week....Like I said I am just a little affraid of the doctor...

M M
on 4/21/12 10:44 pm
 5 pounds per week is a lot of weight per week, for 8 weeks.  There's got to be something going on.  I can't imagine you can take in that many calories at your stage.  Please get checked.
Wannabhealthy barbie
on 4/21/12 10:47 pm
Thanks I was hoping you were on....I do drink wine now but not a lot and I count the calories with my food so that wouldn't do it would it?

M M
on 4/21/12 10:50 pm
 How much wine?

One serving is 85 calories = 3.5 ounces = LESS THAN HALF A CUP.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size  1 glass (3.5 fl oz) (103.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories  85 Calories from Fat  0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat  0.0g 0%
Saturated Fat  0.0g 0%
Cholesterol  0mg 0%
Sodium  5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates  2.8g 1%
Sugars  0.8g

Wannabhealthy barbie
on 4/21/12 10:53 pm
1 glass now and then...not everyday or anything....does our bodies since surgery metabolise it differently?

MacMadame
on 4/22/12 7:31 am - Northern, CA
Not to the point that it explains your weight gain.

Let's put it this way... I was training for a marathon and eating 2000 or more calories a day and maintaining. Then I hurt my head and had to stop all training. But I kept eating like I was training for a marathon and I gained  5 pounds in three weeks.

That is a rapid weight gain that can be caused by overeating. 

But 5 pound a WEEK (around your gain) is THREE TIMES what I gained. To gain that in fat, you'd have to eat 2333 calories a day OVER what you burned. So let's say you hardly burn anything ... 1000-1200 a day. That means you would have to eat 3333-3833 calories a day to gain that much.

Now, this is doable. But you'd have to drinking a lot of your calories, eating candy bars every day (and King size ones at that) and otherwise really obviously overeating. It's not something you could do by accident and not realize it.

So, if you are eating like that ... um, cut it out?  But, if you aren't, then you have some kind of a health problem and you need to see a doctor.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

46_11tobeme
on 4/21/12 11:59 pm - NJ
 Get your thyroid checked. I gained 25 lbs in 2 months 3 times when my thyroid was low. My TSH was always normal so make sure they check your free T3, T4, and thyroid antibodies. I did not change my eating habits at all each time I gained - it sucked. And it took a lot of work to lose even after going on thyroid meds so dont wait. You know if something is wrong with your body. You would need to eat a tremendous amount of food to gain that much weight.

annie1287
on 12/19/15 12:05 am

I need your help! You sound like you have some experience with rapid weight gain and I need your opinion.  I'm 27 yrs old and have always been really small. Smaller than the average girl my age. I've been 115-120 lbs my ENTIRE post baby life...until now. I have two kids ones 9years n the others 3years old. I've stuck in that 110-120 lb weight the ENTIRE time I've been a mommy. And now all of the sudden, I'm up to like 150-154lbs!!! I'm freaking out! I've never been this big even nine months pregnant! I'm not eating more, I'm actually eating much less and going to nursing school now so I'm always moving. I was smaller when I stayed home all day and pigged out. And I've noticed my face is breaking out too and I've never had a problem with acne. Idk what it could be and how I gained 35 pounds in two months! The only other weird thing was My period all the sudden fixed itself. I would only have two periods a year before for a decade and now it comes same day every month! Omg there's gotta be something I can do. My stomach and legs are the biggest. None of my clothes from this yr fit me now. I always wore a size 3-5 juniors and small n shirts. Now I'm squeezing into 9-11 size jeans and extra large shirts. What do I ask a Dr to check for? I think its my thyroid. I'm tired all the time too. Ugh..why would a thyroid gland malfunction for no reason? Help me plz anyone! Email me info at [email protected] thanks

Most Active