Approved????

JaneJetson
on 4/21/12 8:22 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 Ok, I must be out in left field.  At no time was I waiting for an approval or told we have to wait and see what your insurance says from my insurance company. It was a given from the get go once I completed everything and all the test came out good that was that and just waited for an appointment from the surgeon for my first meeting with him.  Everything took a year, but there was never any waiting as I see so many people do. I have Blue Shield of California and we have an excellent plan, so I have no idea if that has anything to do with it.  Surgery is May 7th so I consider myself very lucky it went as well as it did.  So I have compassion for those that are being denied or are waiting on pins and needles to here that they have been approved.  
poet_kelly
on 4/21/12 9:43 am - OH
I have Medicare and they do not pre-approve WLS.  If you meet their criteria, you just have surgery and they pay for it.  Maybe your insurance is like that and pre-approval is not necessary?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JaneJetson
on 4/21/12 10:12 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 Hi Kelly,
I Just don't know.  I read so much about the power of insurance companies and people needing some form of surgery done, and they are hung out to dry so to speak.  I always found it amazing for years and years insurance companies would not pay for birth control, but would pay for a pregancy and the whole nine yards.  
How is your back? 
Most Active