My surgeon said what?????

walterswife
on 3/31/12 12:40 am
I was having some abdominal pain yesterday (the second time this week) and was concerned enough about it to call the surgeon.  They told me to come right over.  The dr. ordered a CT scan which I had yesterday afternoon.

As I left the office he commented that I had lost 100% of my excess weight.  Actually it is more than that since I am about 21 lbs below my goal of 146.  As we said goodbye, he said:  ".....you have done so well, just don't lose any more weight."  Who would ever have imagined that any doctor of mine would EVER tell me that, let alone the one who performed WLS just a couple of years ago.

The only statement close to that one happened last summer.  As I was preparing for part 2 of my breast reconstruction (following a mastectomy), the plastic surgeon told me that i needed to "put on a few pounds" prior to the surgery.  I asked him if he was joking.....his response was "NO, I am very serious."

We really never know what life has in store for us.  That's why I am grateful for and cherish each day knowing that my blessing is in being alive to be a blessing to someone else.

P.S. I have not gotten CT results yet.  I only know that if it had been serious, I would have gotten a call by now.  No pain today.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Margaret S.
on 3/31/12 3:46 am
Hi Walterswife -

I'm totally new at this, so I have no words of wisdom.  Just wanted to say "way to go" on your weight loss and maintenance - I understand that after two years, it becomes the easiest time to put some of it back on.  And also that I'm praying that you get a good report on that CT scan - know that can be scary.
walterswife
on 3/31/12 9:42 am
Thanks Margaret. Many say that it is much more difficult to maintain afer the 2 year mark. Fortunately I have not had that problem yet.  I am trying desperately now to fall back into my bad habbits.

BYW, cute pup.  Reminds me of my dear Sally who died about 5 weeks ago.  We really do miss her.  They are great dogs.

MARIA F.
on 3/31/12 6:51 am - Athens, GA

Wasn't that just the coolest thing ever to hear?! :-)

You look awesome! Look forward to seeing you at the OH conference if not before.

FormerlyFluffy.com

walterswife
on 3/31/12 9:43 am
Girl, how are you?  Yes that was great to hear.

I am looking forward to the OH conference and will be there.  I want to sign up for the fashion show.  How is your weight loss coming?

MARIA F.
on 3/31/12 10:42 am - Athens, GA

I'm doing ok. Was disapointed you didn't make it to the last few events.

Hope your test comes out good!

As far as my weight, it's more just trying to maintain than lose. I'm no where near goal, but I'm content at this weight. I'm now 135 and size 12. :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active