A moderation question

Amy R.
on 3/21/12 6:24 am
I imagine this will get moderated out of existence or over to the Rants and Raves Forum, but I guess at least then I will have my answer.

Formerly WASaBubbleButt just posted here earlier today asking why it was so slow. Or maybe it was yesterday - can't remember now (!)

Anywho, now that thread has been pulled and moved into R&R.  Why?  Why are some OT threads pulled over there and some not?  Is it only the ones surrounding the recent debacle?  Are we not allowed to talk about it?

I thought the discussion was going in a polite and informative way, and didn't really seem to necessarily be promoting another board.  In fact one poster even complained about the new site. Are we really being moderated that closely now?
Neal R.
on 3/21/12 6:13 am - Wylie, TX
I agree, That doesn't make sense. There was no ranting nor raving about her post or the responses.

http://www.nealslapband.com/
Banded May, 9, 2006 by Dr. Cribbens. Abdominoplaty on 02/11/08
TT pics: http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=4974

Facebook: Neal Riggins (Wylie, Texas)
Twitter: @NealRiggins
CorpusMutatis
on 3/21/12 7:16 am
The first rule of OH is you don't talk about R&R:

He who can't be Named
on 3/21/12 7:20 am
 And now your post is in the garbage heap too.  Makes no sense, and I see why everyone left.

At least one poster was banned JUST FOR ASKING, so no, we can't ask, and don't expect answers. I know of numerous people that were on moderation, and never taken off, and truly can't get an answer why (and no, I don't mean the **** stirrers that knew they were being thorns). 

BTW, simpler questions than this have gotten some moderated. 

Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
Sharyn S.
on 3/21/12 8:10 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
Image Detail

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

GreaterFool
on 3/21/12 8:32 am
I think OH is still coming to terms with their new policy.

Topics that are about moderation are generally minimally considered Off-Topic, but on most sites are segregated out of the main forum, because discussion of moderation and often can get heated.  As I recall that thread (once it appeared here in R&R), there was mention of the recent drama and the move to Proboards, so that likely is what got it moved.

Discussion of Moderator action is always tuochy.

I am, of course, just guessing at their logic, if in fact, logic was involved.
He who can't be Named
on 3/21/12 9:01 am
If it was my post, that was posted AFTER the move to R&R.
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
Amy R.
on 3/21/12 9:11 am
I just don't see where in the terms of service that simply discussing moderation or policies or whatever automatically gets your thread tossed. Why? Especially if it doesn't get heated and is simply stating facts? A lot of folks don't realize all this stuff goes straight over here and just think the threads are gone.

OH well. Should have known better I guess - but I've never really considered myself a pot-stirrer. At least I am among distinguished company=)

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/12 10:22 am - Mexico
On March 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM Pacific Time, Amy R. wrote:
I imagine this will get moderated out of existence or over to the Rants and Raves Forum, but I guess at least then I will have my answer.

Formerly WASaBubbleButt just posted here earlier today asking why it was so slow. Or maybe it was yesterday - can't remember now (!)

Anywho, now that thread has been pulled and moved into R&R.  Why?  Why are some OT threads pulled over there and some not?  Is it only the ones surrounding the recent debacle?  Are we not allowed to talk about it?

I thought the discussion was going in a polite and informative way, and didn't really seem to necessarily be promoting another board.  In fact one poster even complained about the new site. Are we really being moderated that closely now?

I am pretty comfortable that ANY thread I ever start will either be deleted, pitched over here, get me moderated, or banned.  I can write that the sky is blue and I will be moderated for it.  I'm gonna get canned one way or another so I'm just going to write it...

I went up against (gasp) an advertiser.  THAT is what started the whole thing many many moons ago and damnit, I'd do it again.  I still do it, just off OH boards.

You know, I've been trying to set up advertising for months now and they won't even call me back for that?  And THAT was before they realized who I was.  Now that they know who I am they won't even answer the phone let alone call me back.  I wouldn't advertise with them now anyway, there isn't enough traffic.  Honestly, it would be a waste of money.

To be honest, I don't really need the advertising.  I have another source of advertising that actually has the traffic I am looking for.

Ban or moderation?  Three, two, one..........
M M
on 3/21/12 11:57 pm
 HA.

I did too.

UNJURY told me to kill myself.

****** hasn't been back since.  
Most Active