Six months out- what's appropriate?

glzgowlass
on 3/1/12 11:23 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 I'm eating about 1100-1300 calories a day now. Any less and I get really antsy. Is this about the right amount or should it be less? I'm eating plenty protein and working out three times a week. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

ALESIA1966
on 3/1/12 11:44 pm - New Bern, NC
Sounds about on target as long as you are remaining protein forward in your food choices and still moving in a downward pattern...

Congrats, you're doing a great job

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

AnneGG
on 3/1/12 11:48 pm
Wow, you're doing great!

I think everyone has to experiment and find what works for them.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

glzgowlass
on 3/2/12 2:25 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 Meh.  I guess.  The last three months have been 3-5 lbs a month at most and considering how early out I am, I'm concerned about what the next six months will bring.

jennypoopoo
on 3/2/12 12:11 am
hi there,I am about 4 months out, and the weight loss has really slowed down, I walk 1/2 hr 3-4 times a week and keep up with the protein, I am BARELY losing a pound a week, and the hair loss is crazy,, any advice from anyone .... I thought the weight would just fall off......
glzgowlass
on 3/2/12 1:19 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 I'm not alone then.  I'm having the same slow loss as yourself and it's been like that since the 3 month mark.  A loss is a loss I guess, but I lost more on WW a few years back!  I haven't gone down the last couple of weeks at all, in fact I think I'm going up this week.  (I hope it's water.  )

I wouldn't mind it being slow but if I could get the odd time where it goes down more than half a pound, I'd be happy.  

Tenacious88
on 3/3/12 9:26 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Some people go fast some people go slow, but as long as it's going down you're OK.
     For your hair and nails you can try Biotin & Nioxin.

Best Wishes.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/2/12 7:16 am
4 yeasr post op. I eat that much to maintain.  But then I am probably older than you are.  and it may depend how much you are working out... 30 min - or 2-3 hrs..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

glzgowlass
on 3/3/12 1:05 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
 I'm almost 47.  I usually work out for 90 mins. I have a trainer who kicks my butt then I hit an hour of Zumba, but I probably could go oftener. 

I don't know about age being a factor, it could be but there is a lady who is almost 60 and she is losing almost 3 lbs a week at 5 months out even though she hasn't much to lose.  

For some of us, it's just going to be a long slow slog uphill.   Spring is around the corner and the warmer months are usually kinder to my weight loss efforts so fingers crossed I can jump start it again. I'll settle for an average of a pound a week. 

Mary Catherine
on 3/2/12 8:17 am
 Average weight loss after surgery is 100 pounds in one year

Month 1 – 20 pounds

Month 2-6 – 10 pounds

Month 7-12 – 5 pounds

Most Active