At a Stand STILL with WL

lizzianne_2000
on 2/27/12 1:07 am
Hi friends - I am at a stand still with my weight loss now and have been since November.  I have about 40 more lbs to loose - and I'm not typically depressed about it as I have lost 60.  I am 6 months out from surgery and end of summer is my year date so I am kinda giving myself that date to get where I want to be.  I know that I shouldn't put a "date" on the loss - but I just need to keep a goal ahead of me.  I am however maintaining nicely... with a fluctuation of 1 to 2 lbs - up or down.
Is this normal to stop for a while in the journey so soon after WLS?  Just wondering if anyone else had something similar to this after their WLS - Thank you for any feedback you send my way.  I just want to stay positive... I'm trying.

Valerie S.
on 2/27/12 1:54 am - CA
WOW, you just wrote my story that I was about to write. I had surgery 06/22/11. I'm down 70lbs and my scale has frozen since November. FROZEN, its almost like its broken, wont go up (well thank God for that) and wont go down. I am just re-examining my food and exercise. Seeing where I might have been eating things and getting away with it, until now. I'm not giving up hope, I'd like to lose about 25 more and I have faith it will happen. I don't know about you, but I need to make sure I am paying attention to my carb intake and Ive also decided, for other reasons as well, that for me it's better if I just cut out flour. Anything with flour goes down too easy and leaves me feeling hungry. Don't be depressed, stay postive. I believe it will happen for both of us.

AnneGG
on 2/27/12 4:14 am
Just keep plugging and doing what you need to do- you'll get there.

Journal your intake and maybe change up your exercise routine as well as increase the duration and intensity.

One day at a time...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

littleskie
on 2/27/12 4:35 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I know that I've been able to lose weight even now two and a half years from my surgery. I have to count carbs strictly tho. I do twenty carbs per meal three times a day to maintain and twenty carbs a day to lose. I can lose by doing it this way. I have lost my ten pound regain without even working at it. Just limiting carbs. They have always been my downfall tho...

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active