Just curious...

mommy2jude
on 2/23/12 3:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15
And I certainly do not mean to step on anyone's toes...

But I have noticed that there is not a lot of support on the main forum for us bandsters. I realize that many people have it done and then later have anothe procedure done, but I feel like everytime I read a post, it is putting the band in a negative light. And I did do a lot of research, and in the end, both my surgeon and I agreed that given my BMI (35 on a good day) and the amount of weight I needed to lose (75-85lbs), that the band was a wise choice.

Again, I am not trying to start a fight here, but isn't there anybody with a good story to tell?

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Neal R.
on 2/23/12 4:09 am - Wylie, TX
Hate to say it, but you see more bashing and others saying were dumb for getting the band. But it was the right choice for me. Almost 6 years out, at or near goal for the last 4 plus years and zero complications and very little band maintenance. Been to the doctor twice in the last 3 years.

http://www.nealslapband.com/
Banded May, 9, 2006 by Dr. Cribbens. Abdominoplaty on 02/11/08
TT pics: http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=4974

Facebook: Neal Riggins (Wylie, Texas)
Twitter: @NealRiggins
Tigs
on 2/23/12 4:57 am - Petoskey, MI
I'm so sorry you have expereinced this. I don't have a story to tell but I did want to say that  I think (or hope) that every person did very thorough research and made the best decision for him/herself--whether that be lapband, RNY, VSG, whatever.  Because I was a "light weight" (hah!) I also had the choice between RNY and lapband.  I support you and everyone else in the difficult decison of whether or not to have surgery and if so what type. No choice is a magic bullet -- all take effort and complaince on our part to make our tool work.  Hope you hear some good stories! 
Valerie G.
on 2/24/12 4:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I've been on these boards 7 years, and I can say I've seen some true horror stories around LapBand, so I understand the negativity around the band here, especially as the VSG is gaining in popularity.  You'll find your support on the band board.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active