Mourning the loss

Stephanie G.
on 2/12/12 12:54 pm - San Antonio, TX
I'm down by 53 pounds and three dress sizes.  That's wonderful.  What's not so wonderful is that I had to pull 15 (yes, FIFTEEN) pairs of shoes out of my closet that no longer fit.  I put in bulky orthotics and the heel grippers to try to make them fit, but I can't walk in them without tripping.  And they're PRETTY shoes!  (Although, in the interest of full disclosure, three of them weren't very pretty.)

I LIKE my shoes.  I"m down to probably twenty shoes now.  And they are mostly dress shoes.  I really don't have much to choose from to wear to work with pants.  (For most of you men out there, just move along...  There's nothing to see here.  I know you probably don't get it.)

I'm mostly joking, but it's funny that it really does bother me.  When I couldn't find pretty clothes, I could find pretty shoes.  Now the ones I'm attached to are going away.

I'm happy about smaller clothes.  I'm not so thrilled with the shoe situation.  But I have to admit,  losing dress sizes is better than keeping shoe sizes.
sweetsweetmama
on 2/12/12 12:59 pm - Canada
Oh, I love this thread. I have always loved accessories, not so much shoes however. Accessories look great at any weight. I get it. I'm down 110, and the great clothing purge is, lets face it, bittersweet. I can relate sister....lol
Stephanie G.
on 2/13/12 4:25 am - San Antonio, TX
I went to the thrift store and didn't find anything.  I'm going to look for a consignment store and hope to  get some store credit.  I have lots of clothes that no longer fit!
Jack_Fabulous
on 2/12/12 1:13 pm - VA
VSG on 02/16/12

Well, ya know, since 3 of them weren't really all that pretty I don't think the situation is as bad as it might seem  ;)

You could have my problem.  I'm so fat (how fat are you?) that the only pair of shoes I can wear are my sneakers!  I can't wait to lose this weight.  

Stephanie G.
on 2/13/12 4:27 am - San Antonio, TX
Ah, but you're on your way!  :)  Soon...
MyLady Heidi
on 2/12/12 1:16 pm, edited 2/13/12 5:32 am
Buy boots, then you can just add as many pairs of socks you need to make them feel comfortable and keep your feet warm.  I am the queen of boots, over the knee is this years thing.  I wear size 6 shoes and usually buy 7.5 - 8 in boots so I can wear loads of socks, keeps them super comfortable too so I can walk all day in 5 inch platform heels with absolutely no problems.  Shoes suck!

These are my favorite Jessica Simpson shoes.

But I much prefer boots.
Stephanie G.
on 2/13/12 4:29 am - San Antonio, TX
I'm in San Antonio.  I don't wear nearly as many boots as I did when I lived in the frozen north!  Although, I am much colder than I was when I had a little more body fat.
rbb825
on 2/13/12 4:30 pm - Suffern, NY
if I tried either if those shoes or boots, I would be flat on my ass on in the hospital - no heels for this body - only flats

AnneGG
on 2/12/12 1:48 pm, edited 2/12/12 1:56 am
I feel your pain! I have had to buy all new shoes in addition to the new clothes. WLS is sure an expensive proposition in more ways than just vitamins, gym fees, and the costs of healthy eating!

But clothes and shoe shopping is also great fun now! I was in NYC this weekend, and had the best damn time walking miles while I shopped. I found a couple of great outfits for the upcoming OH cruise- I can't wait!!!

No shoes, though- I hate the current styles of mile high heels.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

MyLady Heidi
on 2/12/12 2:21 pm
Oh my bite your tongue, the heels today are the best they have ever been.  I adore stacked platform shoes, when I wear shoes that is, I would love to bring boots year round, and I do at times but in the summer nothing is better then sky high platform heels.  I favour Jessica Simpson and Steve Madden.

Most Active