Feelin' groovy

Me13
on 1/21/12 3:34 am
January 21, 2012

It's been -oh-so-long since I've written...and I think, without looking at my previous posts, that what I'm about to write might be repetitive, but here I go:

I had my surgery in August 2010.  I weighed 275.  I knew without the surgery I would never, ever be able to lose weight.  Thank you, BCBS PPO, for giving us larger folks a second chance at life (seriously, I think I might write them a letter).

I thought I would possibly die when I got the operation (lap. gastric bypass) - if not on the operating table, then soon thereafter due to some complication.  Glad to say: I'm still here!  Zero complications, nothing weird.  All good.

I also thought - such paranoia! - that people who had the surgery no longer wrote on OH because they had died or they gained all the weight back or whatever.  For me, that hasn't been the case.  I don't write on OH much anymore because I am not completely obsessed about my weight as I was before the surgery, and right after.  I'm just plugging along with life.

I've weighed about 150-155 since last March, 2011.  It feels good.  I feel...exactly the same as a person on the inside, only healthier.  My apnea is just about gone, but I still have major sleep issues.  I've reduced my thyroid medication.

I like fitting into a size 10 or 12.  I like being able to sit in a chair and not feeling like it will break.  I like being able to run around with my kids.  I like feeling healthier.  I like that I'm afraid to eat sugar because I might get sick.  I like eating small quantities of food and feel full.  I like surprising people with photos of me 120 pounds heavier.  

I'm not a fan of taking vitamins, but it's the same stuff that I would have taken anyways because even before surgery I had to take iron and b-12 due to my having those anemias. 

I'm not a fan of my horrible pannis - it's still here and it's still just floppy.  When I run it makes sounds -- so I try to wear things that holds it in.  But then it gets sweaty and more irritated, sometimes with a horrible painful rash.  Nothing seems to make it feel better.  I hope I can get it lopped off this year.  (I also have major batwings and supper saggy inner thighs, but besides looking horrible, it's much less of a concern for me than the pannis.)

I'm also not a fan of my poop (really, who is?), but hear that is because I had my gall bladder out (I had gall stones since 2005) at the same time I had the bypass.  A bit heavy/greasy (sorry, but I'm being honest and open here) - so that's still kinda weird for me.

I've been exercising - and surprise!  It feels pretty good.  I've been reading all this stuff about exercising 30 minutes a day is not only good for yoru heart health, but your mental and neuro health as well.  I've been doing a program called "Run Your Butt Off".  I'm not doing it too lose weight per se, but I'm not complaning about that aspect of it either.   ; )  I'd like to see if I can indeed run for 30 minutes straight.  How weird would that be?

Stephanie

PS I still see that OH takes FOREVER to process a function.  Some things never change!  (and that's anothe rreason why I'm not on here so much any more...so frustrating!!)
Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

anna R.
on 1/21/12 4:15 am
Hey there,

Wow this is so totally weird, cause I haven't been on since forever either before last week! My vitamin levels are off and came on looking for some advice. It is so different here now. And some of the old regulars have created a new place to go. So I think we missed a lot.

My high was 264, surgery 2/20/10, gall bladder out 3/02/11. Have maintained for 6 months now. My weight fluxuates between 141 and 144. Wearing a 10-12, med petite. And just about everything you said is true for me as well.

So glad your doing well, was nice to see you and hope you continue doing well in the future! 

Anna

Me13
on 1/21/12 6:41 am
thanks for the note!  glad we are somewhat in the same boat! 

and where did the old regulars go???

congratulations to you...
Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

anna R.
on 1/22/12 5:21 am
 I've been doing a lot of reading here over the past week and many of the older group seem to have created a new blog area. Many put this link at the end of thier posts:  www.weightlosssurgery.proboards.com,
so I went there and signed on. Alot of the original's that I remember are there. So, something here happened, just not sure what. Did here something about people getting upset and turning others in and they were getting kicked off of OH. 
Take a look, I"m still trying to learn how to get around the site.

Anna

glzgowlass
on 1/21/12 7:19 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Just know that when you do come here giving your updates, you are doing a great service for us newbies.  Thanks for your story.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

anna R.
on 1/22/12 5:23 am
 Glad to see you are doing so well. Keep up the good work and you too will be in the "Over 100 Club"!

Anna

glzgowlass
on 1/22/12 8:43 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Thx!  Right now, I'm looking forward to getting into the 150's.  I kind of look at it in 10lb increments!

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

anna R.
on 1/23/12 3:50 am
 That's the best way to look at it. One pound at a time! 

Anna

Most Active