Whine fest

Stephanie G.
on 1/16/12 9:07 am - San Antonio, TX
In the interest of full disclosure, I've just finished the period thing (sorry, guys, it is what it is).  I have a loooong future of that ahead of me.  My mom and grandmother went until their late 50's.  Sigh...

I am now down by 41 pounds.  11 pre op and 30 in the last 5 1/2 weeks post RNY.  This is the point at which I would have totally fallen off the diet wagon.  I've been headachey and yucky all day long.  I came home and told my husband I want food!  Now!  "What do you want?"  "I don't know!  But something!  And something good!"

I'm happy about the weight loss, but missing my coping mechanism that always used to make me feel better.  I did this on purpose, because I knew I could only last for a period of time like this on my own.  That's the reason diets never worked long term for me.  I do understand how people become alcoholics after the surgery, looking for something to make them feel better.  That's not an option for me as I don't drink. 

I am eating some rice and beans.  My surgeon and dietician know that I'm eating some carbs because when I was only eating protein I was nauseated all the time.  A little bit of carbs helps me feel so much better.  I am feeling a little better, but still would have loved to have something good.

Ok, whine fest over.  For now.  :)
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/12 11:27 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Nothing wrong with beans!  Next time try them with grated cheese and salsa! (Don't forget the Devrom.)

Rice is purely refined carbs, and will give you big swings in your blood sugar, so you are the only one that can make the decision how much to eat.  I promise you that if you ingest too much rice, you WILL notice.  It's all balance, and our little pouches don't have a lot of space in there, but a little rice won't kill you.  I would eat pureed soups that had a bit of rice in them;  I sure wasn't going to filter out every little grain!

As you go, you will decide how much of a food you can tolerate. 
taraize307
on 1/16/12 7:17 pm - GA
We all have the right to whine a little. Read my post "I hate food". Pasta is the only thing that is good to me, and no sauce with it. You are not alone in missing your coping mechanism. It's almost like you mourn food. It used to be my comfort to help me thru the rough spots in life. Now it's like ...............nothing. So I'm kinda lost at this point myself. Just know you're not alone.

Stephanie G.
on 1/17/12 10:25 am - San Antonio, TX
I am much better today.  I don't know why yesterday was so tough, but I'm not nearly as whiney now.  my co workers and husband are probably all relieved!
Most Active