I need some help....

timetoloveme62
on 1/11/12 10:29 pm - VA
I am 4 weeks out, still having a problem with the protein...the drinks make me ill, physically ill so I am trying everything I can.  The problem is that I have started to feel dizzy when I stand up and don't know what to do.  Is this normal because I am really getting worried.

Please help, any advice is welcome.

Thank you

Melanie 
Kim S.
on 1/11/12 10:36 pm - Helena, AL
Yes, you should be worried and you should call your doctor.  It could be a number of things, some serious, some not so serious. 

Whenever you are in doubt, call the doctor's office-that is what you pay them for, and they are the professionals.

Are you getting enough liquid?  Maybe dehydration?

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 10:38 pm, edited 1/11/12 10:39 pm
Melanie, what surgery did you have? What protein are you drinking? Are you mixing it with milk? Does it contain sugar? Either of those ingredients can make you feel ill depending on your surgery type. I drink Syntrax Nectar and only mix it witgh water. It has zero fat and zero carbs, and it comes in many great flavors. My favorite is chocolate truffle.
timetoloveme62
on 1/11/12 10:40 pm - VA
 I had the RNY and I have tried many different types of protein drinks.  No sugar and I mix with water.  
ChristieS
on 1/11/12 10:42 pm - Camby, IN
Ummm, yeah.  You need to call your doctor. 

It's not normal.  You're dehydrated, and weak from lack of protein.

A lot of the protein drinks do taste nasty.  The only one I could handle was Click (and I don't even like coffee, but I love Click).

Twilighttwilight addict

Mary Catherine
on 1/11/12 11:02 pm
 One thing that helped me at that point was to pump my legs a few times before I went from sitting to standing.  Losing weight changes the amount of blood pressure needed to get the blood up from your legs after sitting. 

You do need to consult with your doctor if you are feeling sick.  I tell people to think of their old stomach as a two-liter bottle of soda and their new pouch as the cap on that bottle.   Just to make them understand that they only need a very tiny amount of food or liquid at a time after surgery. 

Whatever surgery you had, you need to give yourself time to heal.  Just because you are allowed to have a certain food or drink does not mean your body will really be ready for it.  If something made me sick, I would just wait a little longer.  I did drink protein from the beginning though, but out of a shot glass.  Just an ounce or so at a time.
martitalinda
on 1/11/12 11:37 pm
 Melanie, please contact your doctor's office.  If you are dehydrated you can experience dizziness but we do not know that unless you are evaluated by your medical team .. .take no chances... please take care of yourself ... 

Wishing you nothing put the best on your journey.  Please call your doctor and come back and update.  I will keep you in my thoughts sending positive vibes and energy your way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Clarissa A.
on 1/11/12 11:46 pm - RI
RNY on 02/08/12
Call your doctor - one of the first things my surgeon talked to me about in symptoms to report after surgery is dizziness. Hope you feel better soon and please keep us posted
timetoloveme62
on 1/12/12 12:23 am - VA
called dr and have been told I HAVE got to up my protein, I have to find a way to get this protein drink down.  I am going to be trying a bunch of new recipies....sigh
ChristieS
on 1/12/12 2:59 am - Camby, IN
Check Eggface's blog - she has absolutely tons of yummy protein drink reciipes.

My favorite smoothie pre-WLS was Starbucks Chocolate-Banana Vivanno.  I sent her a message and she remade it for me WLS friendly.  OMG - so good!!

theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Twilighttwilight addict

Most Active