new year - getting back to basics - any suggestions?

lizzianne_2000
on 1/2/12 2:34 am
Hey friends- I am trying to get back to basics with my diet and exercies.  Now that it's January is over - and I maintained my weight over the holidays, I have been less than careful and stuck at my current weight since November-ish.  I want to get the rest of my weight OFF so that I can work on my life plan.  I have set myself up on here with my nutrition accountable page and I am starting an exercise program tomorrow when I start back to work (i'm a teacher).
I would appreciate any suggestions from folks who have been through something similar.  I feel good about myself and I feel like I can do it- just looking for extra reinforcement.  BTW - Happy New Year!
Kathy S.
on 1/2/12 3:27 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AnneGG
on 1/2/12 4:22 am
Just gotta accept that we gotta do what we gotta do, no matter how hard we think it is.

The acceptance part of the journey has been crucial for me, because now my head can whine and complain and gripe and bargain, but I don't listen to it.

My mantra of "one day at a time, just for today I've got to manage" is also essential for me.

Having a structure, a plan, goals, a system for being held accountable- more essentials.

Support- oh my yes!

You can and will do it!!!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active