Back again. This time I'm going to follow through

Ninalara88
on 12/15/11 12:22 am - Las Vegas, CA
VSG on 08/01/12
Hello OH. I'm back I was ready to go through this in 2005 it was all I could think of. At the time I wanted lap band, but I was 220 just over 40 bmi. I am now 260 and 47bmi. I didnt get any taller . I have had a lot of Hormonal Imbalance issues that are affecting my quality of life. That's is the main reason I want to have surgery. I am a socal kaiser patient. My PCP has approved me to attend the options program. I'm not sure what that is yet. The approval just happened yesterday. Anyways friends any advice you have I will appreciate as I have been out of the loop for a while and I am just learning about this sleeve. (vsg). It's like I say everything happens for a reason. Maybe now is my time.
PokeyMom
on 12/15/11 2:27 am - Magalia, CA
My WLS Sleeve is on Tuesday. The advise that I have is keep being determined. That's the way to get there. Good Luck!!
Father Don
on 12/15/11 3:04 am - Charleston, SC
Just keep in mind - it's a tool.  You have to choose the correct tool for YOU.  It's lifestyle, changing habits, etc....

After all, I HAVE hammered a nail in with a socket wrench...not the best tool, but it worked at the moment....

Just remember the biggest thing - COMPLIANCE!  If you follow the eating plan, you will have success.

They operate on our guts, not our heads - keep that in mind.  It's mindset and compliance that will prove your success...the tool will do it's part if you do yours....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 12/15/11 3:38 am
I like the sleeve, but with a BMI of 47, make sure you research the DS. Many of us have hormone issues, but if you mean like PCOS or related metabolic stuff, that is an even better reason to look at the DS. Whatever you get, good luck.
MsBatt
on 12/15/11 4:44 am
You don't specify what your hormonal issues are, but if you have PCOS or insulinresistance, diabetes, or high cholesterol, you really need to look at the DS. The DS has basically the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal bypass to create permanent metabolic change.

Kaiser will tell you that they don't cover the DS---but they do. They just want to make you work for it, because it costs them more money. Luckily, they're been overturned on appeal so many times now that they've even contracted with an out-of-network surgeon to do all the DSes their insured are getting. (*grin*)
Ninalara88
on 12/15/11 1:17 pm - Las Vegas, CA
VSG on 08/01/12
Thanks everyone for your comment. I will look into the DS. I think now is the right time for me, mentally. As for my health I do have pcos, insulin resistance, high colesterol, anemia, border line diabetes. I have a hormone imbalance that has given me a great deal of problems the last couple of months. My doctor just ordered labs yesterday so I hope to have more info soon.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/15/11 1:23 pm, edited 12/30/11 7:51 am - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active