It's Hot in Here....

dbyarbro
on 11/3/11 10:47 am - Cypress, CA
I am starting Menopause (actually have been starting it for awhile) and the hot flashes now are driving me nuts.  Anyone out there have suggestions on some natural remedies? Any suggestions are well appreciated.  I am hot, not sleeping, itching, cycles all over the calendar if I have them (None for 2 months this time) plus my hormone counts suck!

Denise~

Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Jo 1962
on 11/3/11 2:35 pm - NearHouston, TX
Hi Denise...I had some of the same problems this past year, especially regarding my cycles being so erratic.    My OB-GYN is fairly close to retirement and "old School", taking the wait and see approach with me.   Hmph.  I got a referral to a new doc who specializes in menopausal issues  and right away he scheduled me for a endometrial ablation (Nova Sure).  That was 2 months ago and no more symptoms!    And no more AUNT FLO!

If you don't want any more children, this is a good way to go.... 

Jolena

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

dbyarbro
on 11/3/11 10:50 pm - Cypress, CA

Thank you for the information, I am going to research that a bit.  Before surgery I was taking a holistic medicine called Black Cohosh and it seemed to work.  But for some reason during my pre surgery classes it was one of those No-Nos after surgery.  I would like to try the natural route for now.  I am always freezing, and my hubby has even lately been laughing at me as I am the one turning the fans on!

Denise~

Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Jo 1962
on 11/3/11 11:40 pm - NearHouston, TX
On November 4, 2011 at 5:50 AM Pacific Time, dbyarbro wrote:

Thank you for the information, I am going to research that a bit.  Before surgery I was taking a holistic medicine called Black Cohosh and it seemed to work.  But for some reason during my pre surgery classes it was one of those No-Nos after surgery.  I would like to try the natural route for now.  I am always freezing, and my hubby has even lately been laughing at me as I am the one turning the fans on!

Denise~

You're welcome.  If it wasn't such a ..um...personal topic, I'd shout to the rooftops about how easy this procedure was. Didn't even need any pain meds.  Anyway, I'm curious why the holistic medicine is a no-no.  Is it because of absorption issues related to having the Rny? 

Good luck with what ever you do...Hope you find relief soon.

last small unfill.

tripmom02
on 11/3/11 11:59 pm - NJ
 I am so glad to read your post. I am only 32, but I am done having kids and my cycles have been a nightmare since weight loss (crazy heavy, horrible cramps, anemia etc) and my doc suggested the ablation to me but I was hesitant b/c I have a two year old and I was worried about being able to care for him, but from everything I have read from others it should not be an issue at all. 

Everyone keeps telling me to just do it, so I think I am going to call and make the appointment! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Jo 1962
on 11/4/11 12:09 am - NearHouston, TX

So glad to help...You won't regret it if your experience is like mine.  I had very slight cramps the afternoon after the friday morning  procedure and was just fine for the weekend and went back to work on monday.  

The *only* drawback is that it may not be comepletely successful in about 20% of women. Some women had their periods return after a few years.  I hope I remain in the 80%. So far so good.

last small unfill.

MyLady Heidi
on 11/3/11 11:54 pm
I went back on the pill, my doctor said she did also for 5 years until her periods stopped altogether.  The only problem is since starting Alese 2 months ago I have gained weight, I am so not happy with myself over it also because I was back and goal and now I am back where I was about 10lbs heavier, that part sucks!
Most Active