Liquid Diet and toddler

Sheree_L
on 10/11/11 3:08 am - AR
 Hi everyone! I started my 2 week liquid diet yesterday... so far so good. However I have a 18month old that still needs to eat.

My problem is I do good until I smell whatever it is I am making her. So what did you guys do or do you have any tips to help me out?

Thanks!
Proud Coastie Wife and Momma of a beautiful almost 2 year old daughter.  
Not only am I doing this for MYSELF but I am doing it for them also. I love you guys!

HW: 288 (303 pregnant)  SW: 268  CW: 196 GW: 160 -170 
martitalinda
on 10/11/11 3:21 am

Tee heeeeee.... sorry just kidding around ...((((((hugs)))))) ....  it must be tough doing this while preparing meals for others in the house... I am glad I only had to do nothing by mouth after midnight prior to surgery.  Just try to keep your eyes on the prize and hang in there  while you enjoy your beautiful toddler... just imagine all the wonderful things that lie ahead with a few pounds less.  Wishing you nothing but the best on your journey. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Meridon
on 10/11/11 3:41 am - Canada
Hi

I can somewhat relate.. while my daughter is not not a toddler,  she is 6.  The first few days 
were the worst.. even the smell of peanut butter on a bagel would be excrutiating... 

If  I timed my opti shake at the same time I was prepping her meal or snack,   it helped a great deal.   Chewing sugar free gum helped too.. 

I am on day 8... it does get easier...   :) 

Good luck... 

Blondie76
on 10/11/11 4:49 am - AL
I feel your pain! My daughter is 16 months. I've been trying to make her things that are healthy but quick. Steel cut oats for her breakfast, fruits veggies and crackers with cheese for snacks, as nd dinner I made things I don't care for for her and the hubs. Spaghetti, taco soup (that was hard), grilled chicken with veggies...quick. I always kept a drink or shake by me if I was cooking. And I just said no to food and cravings because I want this surgtery so bad! I'm on my second day of clear liquids and everything up til yesterday was a breeze compared to this! I just keep drinking my broth and crystal light and telling myself its only 3 days. Good luck!!!!!
Emily F.
on 10/11/11 5:16 am
ummm, you stay busy. YES FEED YOUR CHILD. lol. Keep your eyes on the big picture. If you just can't take it, I guess you could put some of that cold medicine under your nose.
mkbeany
on 10/11/11 5:35 am
I do all the cooking for my house...before and after surgery.
I have a partner and a young daughter.
She was 5 when I had my RNY.

I sucked it up and did it because it is my role.
IMO--- My decision to have WLS surgery should not impact them at all.

I prepared nutritious meals for them.
Sat with them while they ate.
And most of all...remembered that they are the the real reason I had this surgery.
To be healthy and present.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
So Blessed!
on 10/11/11 5:38 am

Before you start making her food, drink a BIG cup of something warm like broth.  Immediately after she's fed, put everything away so that it's out of your sight. 

Hang in there. 

Sheree_L
on 10/11/11 5:53 am - AR
 :) Thank you for the tips!! I did try the broth thing earlier and it seemed to help a lot. 

I know that having this surgery is my choice, I'm not whinning or complaining about this 2 week diet. I was just looking to see if there was something out there to make it a little easier. 

:) If you guys have more ideas keep them coming :) Thank you for the support!
Proud Coastie Wife and Momma of a beautiful almost 2 year old daughter.  
Not only am I doing this for MYSELF but I am doing it for them also. I love you guys!

HW: 288 (303 pregnant)  SW: 268  CW: 196 GW: 160 -170 
Jackie00
on 10/11/11 2:08 pm
Maybe try the vicks vapor rub below your nose as a previous person put up there. I am glad I am mushies now and my baby can have everything that I am having even though it was a no go today with tuna, he said it was yucky hahah and never even tried it.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active