Good News-Bad news

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 9/16/11 9:37 am - Belleville, IL
As some of you know, there were doctors worried about liver problems as my AST and ALT were way up there and I was having constant nausea.

The GREAT news is that I had more blood tests (everything under the sun from a hepatologist) and all the blood tests came back GREAT except for the AST/ALT/SGOT/Bilirubin.
He ordered an Ultrasound and they found that my Gallbladder not only had stones in it (and sludge) but stones in the common bile duct and was going gangrenous. So....I have emergency surgery with my Bariatric Doc to have the gallbladder taken out on Tuesday.

Lesson for some of you veterans...I never had "classic" symptoms of gallbladder problems...NO pain on the right side or shoulder or shoulder blade. Just nausea and extreme fatigue (both the Surgeon and doctor were very, very surprised that I had no "pain") but each of us is different. For me, it was just nausea and really pale stools. (Sorry for the TMI)

Doc said, while he was "inside" he would check for any hernias and/or adhesions, so I feel like a car getting it's 50'000 mile tune up! Ha-ha!

Please keep me in your thoughts, prayers or send good vibes my way. I know the gallbladder is an "easy" surgery, but Doc was a wee bit concerned about the gangrene and stones in the common ducts.

Remember Post-Ops...If you have ANYTHING you are "worried about" always check with your bariatric surgeon! Some ailments that can be common may "feel" different for us post ops. I'm just saying.

My apologies for not posting more, but I have been running hither and yon and taking care of stuff before my surgery.

Warmly,
Jackie

kimberly_gr
on 9/16/11 10:42 am
I'm glad that the problem was finally found; I'm sure if it went much longer, you would have had some pretty big problems.

I hope your surgery goes well, and take care of yourself. I thought my gallbladder surgery was easier than WLS, but it still socks some energy out of you for a while.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/11 10:44 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm glad that you were able to get this diagnosed, feel better soon.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/16/11 11:06 am
 Jackie, I'm glad they got it figured out and wish you a good surgery and an easy recovery - keep us updated!

hugs
Jackie

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

goodkel
on 9/16/11 2:40 pm
This sounds like one of those surgeries where the pain of recovery is outweighed by the physical relief of that thing being out of you.

I hope this is true for you.

Best wishes!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

martitalinda
on 9/17/11 4:38 am
 I am so glad you finally got a diagnosis...and can now be treated.  Take the time to heal and recover after surgery ... the memory of all that discomfort will fade away and you will be back working those awesome guns of yours out again.  Best wishes .. I will be thinking about you!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active