Torani SF Syrup

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/28/11 7:43 am
I never heard of these until OH.  My guess is I should buy some.  What do you use them for?  What are the best flavors?  Thanks.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 7:55 am, edited 8/28/11 7:57 am
The absolute BEST way to ensure your success is to wean yourself off of all "sweets" whether sugar-free or not.  Otherwise, it is a dangerous game of Russian Roulette.  Trust me, healthy food will fill the void and if it doesn't address your eating challenges with a therapist.  Hope this helps!!!

Take a look at this article: latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/08/biggest-loser-r evisit-how-ken-andrews-life-has-changed-since-the-show.html
glzgowlass
on 8/28/11 9:23 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I have to agree with you.  I lost 30lbs on WW a few years ago and thought I was being sensible using ww desserts and other clever sweet alternatives.  After 6 months I totally fell off the wagon and went after the real stuff and never looked back.

My surgery is in two weeks and this time I am going to try my absolute best to kick my sweet tooth. -Not that I expect it to be easy. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 9:00 am - Tuvalu

Christopher...with whom I disagree about most everything...but who *IS* looking good...could be right.  But I really think that the bag of miniature candy bars is a way bigger threat than the SF syrup.  I am not, however, a big fan of all-day-long SF drinks. 

But at this moment, I'm downing a chocolate egg white protein "shake" with a couple of jolts of sugar free peanut butter flavoring in it. 

It's a rather new thing for me...but it IS a way to get that protein down.

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 11:43 am
Disagree?  I am hurt!  I thought we always see eye to eye!  LOL  xo
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/29/11 9:55 pm, edited 8/29/11 9:55 pm - Tuvalu

Nope...nope...we disagree on most everything.  But...you and I (and a whole bunch of my family) have some related work experience, I once got some piece of paper from that school on 3rd St and I have a nephew in the hills just north of you, so--since that makes us neighbors--I'm not lobbing any grenades in that direction. 
B. Bap
on 8/28/11 9:18 am
I try not to react to the posts. And just the other day I posted a rather peaceful post to a vet telling them that "we all post to help and that we should try not to react." But I am fighting with the PMS monster, I am hungry and I have no power at my house and well I am not in a good mood.
I get it people are only telling us from there experience what worked form them and I really do appreciate that (regardless of what I am posting now). But seriously, it kinda like some people forgot what it was like to be pre-op. How hungry you are and how hard it is to get through things. How hard it is to adjust to a new way living that will become permanent after surgery. How hard it is to adjust to protein drinks that have pictures of milkshakes but taste like ass. I get it. These are changes that we need to be successful trust we all want to be successful.
Some just say things are so simple, "please just stop all sugars tomorrow and you will live happily ever after" (that is not what he said but that is what I heard)... well if that worked, would I be here.. BIG FAT NO!
I mean simply answer the question, What SF syrups helped you? Which taste the best (some thing like that).

I am so sorry to vent this and this is all totally off topic but I am PMSing, and freakin hungry and I haven't had surgery yet. So forgive me for not being so happy that my protein shake takes like ass and I really want a chocolate milkshake from Dairy Queen. I will try to be my peace loving self tomorrow after my power comes back and maybe I am not as hungry, (PMS will still be there).
ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/29/11 11:19 am
Oh B.Bap how I love thee.  I didn't reply to  my own post because I felt the exact same way.  I love input from others or I wouldn't post, but I agree it's as if you get surgery, get skinny, and FORGET!  I know that SF isn't the way to get my sexy back, but it will sure help along the way.  I'm just like B.Bap, except I want a damn PB cup NOW...but I would settle for a sugar free drink that tastes like PB & chocolate.  Thanks girl for having my back!!

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
meredith_123
on 8/28/11 9:18 am - Waterford, MI
I have found that Walmart carries a few of the sugar free flavors.  I've tried Vanilla & the Carmel. 
I loved the Carmel, I use it to flavor my chocolate protein shake coffee in the morning.  I tried using the Vanilla in the coffee drink, I just didn't taste it that much, so I don't buy that flavor anymore.
If you want more variety in flavors, you can find them online.  Vitalady carries a huge variety of flavors.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/29/11 11:20 am
Thanks.  I will check out Wally World this week and purchase Caramel!!

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Most Active