Trouble finding someone to do psych eval (xpost)

NolaRendezvous
on 8/7/11 12:42 am - NC
Hey Everyone,

All my testing is either done or appointments are booked except for the psych eval... I can not find someone who accepts TriCare Prime to do my psych eval!

My patient coordinator is looking through her patient records to see who other TriCare patients have used but I have yet to hear from her.

I did find someone who could do a psychiatric vs psychological eval and my doc wasn't completely on board with that.

My last option will be paying out of pocket - but I wanted to check here (and the NC forum) first to see if anybody in the Raleigh NC area has found someone to perform the psych eval using TriCare Prime.

Thanks so much!!
Elizabeth N.
on 8/7/11 3:53 am - Burlington County, NJ
Have you gone through the provider directory on the Tricare website and made calls?

What is supposedly the difference between a psychiatric and a psychological evaluation, at least in the mind of your surgeon?

Also, look at non-doctoral providers like LCSW's, masters level psychotherapists and LPC's on the Tricare list. You can get a PCP referral to them and have them covered.

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/7/11 7:52 am - MO
My surgeon is almost 100 miles away and let me get all my preop testing done in my home town. I had trouble finding 1 also but my primary care Dr. was able to locate 1 for me and do my referal so they would see me and do my evaluation. I also would do what the other poster suggested and call your insurance provider and see if they can help you locate one as well.

vervetoloose
on 8/7/11 9:24 am
I had trouble finding a psych. to do the eval also. then when found they were really booked up. I ended up paying $300 out of pocket but it was well worth it- I was able to get my surgery quicker.

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

NolaRendezvous
on 8/7/11 9:44 am - NC
Thank you!!  I am going to call TriCare tomorrow - I just thought I'd check here as well.  I've been told that calling TriCare cust svc they have more info than their online provider directory.  I know with TriCare I can also go out of network and have a portion paid - that's my final option but its good to know its there.

Thank you again!
mrskreuter
on 8/7/11 2:41 pm
RNY on 02/24/11 with
I had the same insurance and ran into the same problem until I talked with my primary care physician and he called a psychiatrist for me and put in the good word and he accepted me for the evaluation. So I would recommend you try that route it worked for me. Best wishes! Debbie

Most Active