HELP!!!!!!!!

Sharon G.
on 8/1/11 10:58 pm - Middlesex County, NJ

I have had the band for 5.5 years now, had major plastic surgery ( lower body lift) a year after I lost all my weight 112 lbs totally , i have been having issues with my esophigus and went to my bariatric sergeon, he told me I may have a slipped band and it will need to come out...Im having a upper GI study next week to be sure thats what the problem is, he also told me after 6 weeks of the band being out I can get another band or the sleeve, he really reccomends the sleeve because he feels this is a more natural way of eating, WHAT SHOULD I DO???? Im not really familiar with the sleeve, but have lived with a band for 5.5 years and know how to live with it....HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

girlygirl1313
on 8/1/11 11:10 pm - Davidson, NC
 Research the sleeve.  The people on the VSG I am sure will be happy to answer your questions.  IMO getting another band invites the same problems all over again 5 years down the road.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 11:50 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
There's a VSG forum as well as a Revision Forum on this site; I recommend that you post this question there.  (And you might want to put more than "Help!!!!!" in the header.)

Good luck!
Ms. Poker Face
on 8/3/11 11:47 am
Come on over to the VSG forum!  Plenty of x-bandsters over there who love their sleeves!  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/3/11 12:17 pm
Go talk to the folks on the sleeve forum, and see what they live like. 

Unless you enjoy slipped bands, and damage to stomach and esophagus and issues caused by it, and getting additional surgery ever few years, then I don't know why you'd even consider another band. You made it work longer than many, and that's still not long enough.

Most Active