Switch from Lap band to other WLS

mmplumme
on 7/24/11 3:33 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Does anyone have any experiences with switching from Lap band to any other WLS?  I have had trouble with my band and considering having it taken out.  Would like to convert to something else, but just not sure yet.  I have gone to a seminar and am waiting for the doctor to approve and accept my case.  Any advice would be welcomed!

Nic M
on 7/24/11 3:39 am
TONS of people have revised from the band to other WLS. If you visit the Revision board, you'll see that there are many people revising from the lapband.

If you need restrictive only, the VSG is a good option.

Then there are the DS and the RNY if you need "the big guns." 

I'd visit all of the surgical forums and read what to expect. Ask questions... people are generally happy to help.

Good luck to you. I hope whatever you decide works out well for you.

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

mmplumme
on 7/24/11 3:54 am - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thank you very much for the information. I guess I did not look close enough in the forums to see that there was a revision section, lol. Thanks again!!!!

walter A.
on 7/24/11 11:29 am - lafayette, NJ
most folks do get revisions or just have them removed, they are a terrible thing to do your self and many of the veterans have been warning against them for years.  so Welcome to the revision boards, now your options are rny, vsg or the ds. visit all of the forums. and learn about them all.  and there is a forum just for "failed banisters" too 
mmplumme
on 7/28/11 2:08 pm - TX
VSG on 06/11/12
Thank you so much for this information. I guess hind sight is 20/20.  I feel like I waisted so much time and am such a failure, Ugh! I  wish I would have just let go of my fears and done what I should have the first time. Thanks again Walter for your advice Walter!

Most Active