How many ounces after surgery?

newmerightnow
on 7/5/11 4:17 pm, edited 7/5/11 4:19 pm - AK
Hello all, I just a quick question.  I was looking over my RNY post op diet after surgery from my doctor and it looks as though you eat 4 oz. at every meal, also snacks( 3 meals and 2 snacks). Does this sound right?

Mia H.
on 7/5/11 8:29 pm - OH
 I think it depends on how far out you are.  I am 2 weeks post-op and can only eat 2oz and 3 oz of slider foods (soups, etc.) at a time.  My doc said that is the most I should eat, now I eat 5-6 times a day right now.  

Mary Catherine
on 7/5/11 10:46 pm
 For most of us it is a while before we can eat 4 ounces.  I started with one ounce meals six times a day.
Dave Chambers
on 7/5/11 10:49 pm - Mira Loma, CA
My surgeon lists 2 oz meals in his protocol for post ops. Each surgeon's protocol may vary somewhat.  Don't force yourself to eat 4 oz it it's difficult.  Most post ops can rarely eat that much for several months post op. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

So Blessed!
on 7/6/11 3:12 am

When I was a new post op, I could only eat a few spoonfuls of food at one sitting.  It takes time to work up to eating 4 ounces.
MacMadame
on 7/6/11 3:29 am - Northern, CA
I couldn't eat 4 oz. until I was about 4 months out.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

newmerightnow
on 7/6/11 5:42 am - AK
Thank you, I thought that seemed like a lot. In fine print on the bottom of the  post op page it says, "As tolerated".

newmerightnow
on 7/6/11 5:44 am - AK
Thank you, I thought that seemed like a lot. In fine print on the bottom of the post op page it says, "As tolerated".

newmerightnow
on 7/6/11 5:47 am - AK
Thank you, I thought that seemed like a lot. In fine print on the bottom of the post op page it says, "As tolerated".

Most Active