Embarrassing as it is....

newmerightnow
on 7/4/11 5:16 pm - AK
Embarrassing as it was, I just posted pictures of myself under my page. I haven’t wanted my picture taken in years, but I figured if I want to change this is the way, and maybe someday I will see the person I use to be…lets pray. Have a great 4th of July.

spedcon
on 7/5/11 12:01 am
Hi Crissie, I understand how you feel about those photos. I, like others here, always tried to hide behind people in pictures. Now, I love those old pictures. They remind me who I was and how much I don't want to be her again.....or at least look like her. I laugh at pictures of myself now...sometimes I don't even recognize myself for a minute or two...lol!

I don't know if I'm the person I used to be because I was never anything but obese. I starting gaining weight when I was seven and my tonsils were removed. I just ballooned up from then on. I hope everything works out for you. Have you chosen a surgery type yet?     

OK, I just read your blog...to answer your first question about being hot all the time....yes!! I hated being the hot one! I walked around from April through October with a fine sweat all over me. To be graphic, my undies would be wet, my shorts legs (in the back)...I hated getting up off a chair because I would leave wet marks! Now, I am cold a great deal of time or cool. I enjoy the hot sun and I rarely sweat...it's one of my favorite things.

I think what I love most, besides the doctor visits and positive test results, is the way I feel in public. I can walk in any store and no one stares at me or avoids my eyes...I hated that! Men open doors for me and greet me with, "Hi Honey"...lol! I should be insulted but I kinda of like it. It's nice to meet you! Keep us posted.    Connie
NoMore B.
on 7/5/11 12:39 am
Hi Crissie,

I used to find it hard to look at pictures of myself, too.  I would do anything to avoid being photographed, and when I did I was always trying to hide behind something.

We all carry a mental image of what we look like, and I think it's pretty common that when we gain weight over time the image doesnt catch up.  Our mental image differs from reality so that when we see a picutre it can be a harsh jolt of reality.  It doesnt mean we look really bad,  it just doesnt match the image in our mind

So with that being said, I dont think you look bad at all, I see a pretty lady with a nice smile

I was about your weight when I had my WLS.  The ironic thing is that as you lose weight the image doesnt catch up either, in the other direction.  I look at pictures of myself now and cant believe how small I look in them - because it doesnt match the image in my mind.

I think you're  a pretty lady!
Most Active