Plastic surgery and stretch marks

newmerightnow
on 6/25/11 8:59 am - AK
As sad as it is, when I got pregnant with both my children I got really bad stretch marks.  I think I will be interested in getting the body lift after I lose the weight, but I was wondering how well this works for stretch marks. Unfortunately mine run all the way up 5-6 inch above my belly button, on my hip, rear..ect. My stomach looks like a road map, will plastic help???? Thanks ahead of time to all that reply. Enjoy your weekend.

Dave Chambers
on 6/25/11 12:06 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I'd ask this issue of your plastic surgery of choice.  Procedures and techniques vary.  Many women in my support groups use a local plastic surgeon, Dr. Batra, in southern Ca.  He does about 70 procedures per year with wt loss patients.  He has spoken at our support groups and often ends up repairing surgeries of other surgeons.  One item he does stress, is to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with wt loss patients--they tend to have thinner skin due to long term BMI.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

elleis160
on 6/25/11 11:51 pm - Charlotte, NC
Post this on the Plastic Surgery forum.  They have a wealth of information there.
laurak712
on 6/26/11 3:15 am - New Braunfels, TX
The stretch marks that are below the belly button will be removed and the ones above will be lowered.  I ddn't have any stretch marks above my belly botton only below so now I have none as they got cut off.  Hope this helps.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active