Question about vitamins

newmerightnow
on 6/7/11 2:04 pm, edited 6/7/11 2:05 am - AK
Hello, I was hoping someone could answer a few questions about vitamins. After you have RNY surgery, can you swallow pills or do they all have to be chewed? Does this take the place of food? I know vitamins such as vitamin E, are large capsules. Thanks so much.
mittenfarm
on 6/7/11 5:23 pm - County Line, MI
You may have to do chewables at first, but should be able to go to regular pills eventually. Vitamins do not take the place of food. They are a supplementation.
Highest -380  Surgery- 345     Goal- 150   Current-150     5 ft. 8 in.

mitzi_from_maui
on 6/7/11 5:40 pm
Hi you will need to check with your doctor because every program is different. For our program we had to crush vitamins and put them into tiny capsuls we get at the pharmacy. We did this for about a month then went to liquid vitiamns for a month then childrens chewables. I still do liquid from time to time. It does not take the place of food from what we were told. Good luck.
LinZhi's Mum
on 6/7/11 6:15 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Sorry for hi jack. Mitzi....soooooo goood to see you.
How are you?
How is  your life in the island....girls best dream!
Am I crazy...but you had a baby? I have been know to be crazy. LOL
I miss you like crazy.
I would love to hear from you and you enjoying life.
Miss you bunches, think of you often!!! 
Sandy

Hugs,                           
Sandy aka LinZhi's Mum

vitalady
on 6/8/11 10:13 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
i'm rny. i never did chews. i cut the big ones in half.

capsules dissolve in saliva, so roll them around in your mouth for 5-10 seconds til they get soft, then swallow.

which E? mine is same as Tylenol. Capsule

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 10:42 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I just bought the Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate chews and now I an concerned I bought useless calcium chews.

BTW, I went to a pre-op nutrition class yesterday and they handed out a packet of your product info to everyone.
vitalady
on 6/8/11 10:52 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
NO! BA's are a good product! They wouldn't sell you junk.

That's really cool that you got the referral from your doc office!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 10:57 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Yeah the chews are good.
Most Active