HELP! Everything I try to eat makes me sick

kdunn
on 6/6/11 3:37 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I need some advise.  I am 7 weeks post-op. Down 55 pounds.   I try to eat slowly, but everything tuna, chicken, turkey make me so sick feeling.  I just don't want to eat.  I know I need more protein, but not sure what to do.  Two or 3 bites is all I can handle of anything.  I tried going back to liquid protein, but that has also been difficult.    Is this normal?  Am I just not given myself enough time for the new pouch to adjust?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

mbentz
on 6/6/11 3:52 am - Somerset, PA
At 7 weeks post op, I was still eating purees and soft solids. But that was my surgeon's guidelines. I did not start solid dense proteins like chicken, tuna, et****il about 8 weeks out. But If you are having problems with even liquids and shakes, you may need to talk to your surgeon.  Good luck to you.  Oh and congrats on your 55 lb loss!!  Your doing great!
 HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
Lettek
on 6/6/11 4:02 am, edited 6/6/11 4:02 am - Winnipeg, Canada
    Try drinking Ensure as a meal or 2 to increase protien the high Protien one and give your body a chance to heal. 

I agree you need to eat puree and soft food for now.  Try having the Ensure frozen.  You can drink or eats small amounts at a time to get it in. 

Don't try to rush yourself. Grats on the weight loss. You will feel better. 

Laura A.
on 6/6/11 5:22 am - Manteca, CA
Can you elaborate on your 'sick feeling'....like just nauseous or like you want to hurl?

You might want to go back to softer proteins like cottage cheese, refried beans or yogurt....and have a few bites every couple of hours.  If your sick feeling still continues, you may want to contact your surgeon...

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Amy R.
on 6/6/11 7:14 am
I didn't start stuff like tuna until 9 weeks. My surgeon has us on soft foods at your stage of the game. You might want to go back to full liquids for a while and see if that helps. And have you called your surgeon's office? This early out they need to be kept totally up to date on any issues you're having. Plus, they'll be able to give you better advise than any of us really can (although we try, of course) simply because they know the specifics of your situation.

Best of luck to you - hope you feel better REALLY soon. Feeling sick bites.
Most Active