I'm 6 months post-op

PRETTE84
on 5/5/11 7:21 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Hey everyone
I'm 6 months post-op and I'm able to eat I think more than what I should be eating at 6 months post-op. I can eat a whole veggie burger. I'm trying to stop drinking and eating at the same time. I have only lost 65lbs and I'm 6 months post-op. I'm always hungry. Should I be thinking about some sort of revision surgery yet??? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/5/11 7:38 am - Burlington County, NJ
No, you shouldn't be thinking about a revision. A whole veggie burger (if you're talking about just the patty) is NOT a lot of food. Yes, you need to stop drinking and eating at the same time if you ever want to have any satiety.

How much weight did you need to lose in total?
e56700
on 5/5/11 7:41 am - Rochester, MI
Very normal at 6 months out. This is when all of those skills you've learned will come into play. Eating and drinking at the same time? You know better.
nomoresugar
on 5/5/11 7:41 am
You have to stop drinking when you eat.  It helps wash the food through your system and you can feel more hungry.  65 lbs is very good,

focus on protein, keep track of your food and drink water (but not with food.)

you can do this.
PRETTE84
on 5/5/11 11:12 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Thank you everyone. Well before I had gastric bypass I was 330. On the day of my surgery I weighed 292. Now I'm 226. So you can say I lost a 100lbs so but I have maybe between 60 to 65lbs left to lose.
spt0331
on 5/5/11 11:44 am - Houston, TX
I am 6 months post op as well. I have lost 119 pounds. Focus on eating protein, NO drinking with any food and make sure you wait 30 minutes after you eat, and make sure you move your body. Excersiseis VERY IMPORTANT to reaching your goals.

HW-307/SW-301/CW-161/GW-170

Most Active