Tired of complications

Maria612
on 4/28/11 7:55 am
In December I had an ulcer that preforated my stomach wall. Spent 7 weeks in the hospital, 8 days in ICU in critical condition.  Had a feeding tube for three months.  Went back to work 3 weeks ago, and again have an ulcer.  I know it.  Pain in my gut, acid is waking me up at night, going to my pcp tomorrow, cant see the surgeon till next friday, he is on vacation. I feel like **** and am very tired of feeling sick all the time. I take protonix twice a day, and carafate 4 times a day.  I dont know what to eat or drink, everything hurts.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 8:00 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm sorry about your ordeal.
Is the ulcer a side effect from your surgery and if so...Can you share with us the symptoms, so that others may learn from your experience.

Thank you and crossing my fingers for you.
Maria612
on 4/28/11 8:07 am
I do believe it is a side effect from my RNY, and having a small pouch,  although I think my emotions have something to do with it.  Now that I cant use food to stuff my feelings, things have come up from my past that I used to deal with by self medicating. It was making my stomach churn.  I couldnt eat, when I did, I felt sick to my stomach or vomited it back up, pain in the center of my belly.  My belly hurt constantly, and I waited to go to the drs because it was the holidays, and I didnt want to ruin Christmas for my kids. I learned that you NEVER ignore pain, especially after having WLS.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 11:42 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm so sorry that you have had to endure this kind of pain.
Susan S.
on 4/28/11 9:16 am - Roselle, NJ
Oh Marie - what an ordeal! Have you been ruled out for H.Pylori?!?! While I know you believe being stressed and struggling with your emotions plays a role that's not sufficient to cause this level of ulceration. You're on the big guns drugs......and sounds like dosing is aggressive. Has there ever been a discussion of reversing? You do still have an intact remnant stomach and while I can understand that the idea of more surgery would be abhorrent, these kind of structural problems and constant pain might be an indication of that as a potential direction. Please keep us posted....and your warning about not ignoring gut pain is key. We are not normal anymore......gut pain is not ever a good thing to ignore, but in our altered anatomy it's more essential to be evaluated early. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Maria612
on 4/28/11 8:47 pm
thanks Susan, but getting my RNY reversed is not something I would want to consider, yet anyway. I sure hope they can fix this without that being an option.  Goint to dr this morning at 7:15. Lets see what he says.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
walter A.
on 4/28/11 11:34 am - lafayette, NJ
REVISING to a DS and putting the acid glands in the waste can would be more progressive than undoing her bypass.
jkjstars123
on 4/28/11 2:04 pm - Tama, IA
So sorry to hear you are feeling sick. I will be praying for you. Hopefully it is not anything serious.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Maria612
on 4/28/11 8:48 pm
thanks Julie :)
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
kasimonson10
on 4/30/11 9:43 am - Cameron, SC

I fell for you Julie I have experienced the same thing. I still take protonics and carafate. I had my ilcer in Feb and in March was sent to endo to check how much it had healed and well the endo dr was tring to help me out bc seemed I had a stricture forming and when he tried to strctch it he ripped my pouch open. needless to say they rushed me to the hosptial and did emergency surgery and reduced my pouch down to 2oz. they thought they was gonna have to reverse my rny but they was able to repair my pouch. I also take previcid to reduce any acids in my stomach. I hope you get to feeling better and heal. I am doing better know I still have issues eatinf meat or dense things but doing much better.

Kimberly Simonson  HW285/ SW265   / CW 168/ GW 140.....5ft 2 in              
Most Active