My surgery is tomorrow!! Yikes!!!

Priscilla V.
on 4/27/11 2:46 am - Corry, PA
Getting everything ready for my surgery tomorrow.  Got all my liquids for when I come home!  I am surprisingly calm right now.  Heading out for my appointment  with my endocrinologist so he can tell me what to set my insulin pump at.  I am sure by tonite I will be a bundle of nerves, but I will be OK knowing I can start getting healthy once this surgery is over.  Hope a few will say some prayers for me!!!  Thanks u all for your support!!!

Priscilla

Mama477
on 4/27/11 3:24 am
Prayers flying your way, Priscilla!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow, too!!!  11 am - got bumped a half hour ...

Here's to wishing us a speedy recovery!!!  Glad to see there is someone else with a 4/28 date!

Meg
  HW 236 / SW 224 / CW 164/ GW 135

Priscilla V.
on 4/27/11 8:03 am - Corry, PA
Glad to see ur surgery is tomorrow too!!  Believe it or not I still do not know what time my surgery is.  I am getting a little anxious about that! 

Prayers are flying your way also and we will have to keep tabs on each other and our progress!!  Good luck!!!

Priscilla

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 3:32 am - Charlotte, NC
I'm excited FOR you! I remember that day so many years ago!
I wish you the best in your recovery and don't lose sight of the goal OR that you are getting a 'tool'~ a really cool tool, but one that you must take care of or it will not take care of you.
PLEASE make sure an Aftercare Support Group long term is in your 'toolbox', too! WLS is not a miracle; you have to do your part, too.
nofnbnfat
on 4/27/11 5:09 am
I had my WLS March 21, 2011 so just over a month ago. I was very excited to have it, including right before the surgery was to be done. My surgeon had told me that I would probably not like him the day afterwards but he was wrong. I was still so excited for what I was going to gain by losing! I wanted my life and health back. Whatever I have had to give up is so worth it for feeling better. It may sound odd but my insides feel CLEAN. I am 55 years old and have been over weight all my adult life. The last few years my health drastically declined and since surgery I'm already feeling the difference. You go for it. Check to see about a local support group, I attended on for three months prior to having my surgery and learned alot from the people there. I am still continuing attending the group as this is another great tool to work along with the WLS.
Priscilla V.
on 4/27/11 8:05 am - Corry, PA
Thanks so much for your support!!!  I can't wait until I am on the losing side!!!  Hugs!

Amber L.
on 4/27/11 5:35 am - Sweden
Don't forget your chapstick!
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

Priscilla V.
on 4/27/11 7:58 am - Corry, PA

I won't forget the chapstick!   I  already have it packed!!!  Thanks for all your help and support!!!

Kathleen W.
on 4/27/11 8:00 am - Lancaster, PA
You are going to do so well.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Cajun Angel
on 4/27/11 7:58 am - New Orleans, LA
So glad that everything went well for you and that you are feeling good.  I am excited and just a little nervous, but looking forward to feeling better.  I am right behind you!  I am 54, and just wish I would have done this 7 years ago when I should have!!!  I do have a support group lined up about 40 minutes away, but will be well worth the trip!!!
Most Active