how I see it

Paulamarie
on 4/28/11 1:29 am, edited 4/28/11 1:31 am
The Good
As I near the two year anniversary of my gastric bypass I feel the need to reflect a little. First of all I want everyone to know that I believe this is the best thing I have ever done for myself! A couple of months after my surgery I noticed myself complaining when I felt full. My daughter pointed this out along with her feelings of disappointment that I didn't appreciate my surgery results. She was right and I experienced an instant change in my thinking. I promised myself to be thankful for that "full" feeling and focus on things other than food. I have run a 5k, exercise almost every day and hike whenever I get the chance. I am healthy and happier than I have ever been. My family and I are so thankful I chose to get the gastric bypass.
The not so good
Today, two years later I see that this surgery is not a "permanent" fix. I can easily gain weight if I over eat. WAIT you should know I had an extensive list here and just couldn't post it. Bottom line is, the Good out weighs the bad! I am thankful for the journey, my family and friends support, I have scheduled a breast lift and implants and considering a tummy tuck. I am at goal weight at 132 lbs most days.
thanks for reading and I hope you have an excellent day!
Paula MacDonald
CAnutfarmer
on 4/28/11 6:25 am
Thanks for posting! It sounds like you've figured out what works the best for you and how to live your post op life. Both big pluses in my book! I can totally relate with the easily gaining part. I'm 18 months post op RNY and have gained 5 pounds in one week on two occasions!!! Now i'm working on those 10 pounds plus the 15-20 i still wanted to lose to get to my personnel goal.

But your absolutely right, the Good does outweigh (no pun intended) the Bad.

Congrats on your success and good luck with the future plastics  

HW 254 SW 247 CW 162 GW 145  

First 5K                                        37:48
First Trail 1/2 Marathon            3hr 30min
First Regular 1/2 Marathon     3hr 7min
1/2 Marathon 5/20/12               3hr 6min
Koko10
on 4/28/11 9:08 am - NC
Congratulations and thank you for posting for those of us who are still struggling.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

sislv63
on 5/27/11 9:59 am - LAS VEGAS, NV
Paula Marie,  I've followed you for a while and am very excited and happy for you.  Great job and thank you for the insights!  I'm still working toward a goal and that's okay with me.  Good to hear your successes.  5K - WOW!
Most Active