First Zumba Class

ididabadbadthing
on 4/25/11 7:05 am - TN
 I am going to my first Zumba class tonight and now that I don't hack up a lung moving I am looking forward to it.  I have seen lots of great things posted about it.  Wish me luck  
steelerfan1
on 4/25/11 7:27 am
You will love Zumba !!! I first started at Curves with Zumba and that got me hooked I loved the teacher so I started to do her Monday night classes now I'm up to 2 days a week at Curves for zumba and 3 days a week for hr long Zumba classes :o)

This is the only exercise I have found that I love to do and I havent gotten bored with it in 5 months lol.

Now I dont like Zumba on the Wii or the DVD's lol.  I think for me though I have a very hard time getting motivated to exercise at home I can find a zillion excuses not to so I have to go out and exercise to hold me accountable lol.

Good Luck you will have so much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

mollypitcher08
on 4/25/11 10:51 am
hey Idid! I took my first class Sat,  It lasted 1 hour & I didn't feel too bad but I was sore the next day bt I am not used to anything but very low intensity aka couch potato aerobics! I liked it bt am very uncoordinated.  The instructor went  slower for me & was very nderstanding.  I only had to rest/stop once when I got just a bit dizzy from trying to turn too fast!  Bring water as I found I drank almost a full 16.9 oz bottle,
Have fun.  I am at least going to keep on trying.  I felt good that I did something I cold never have done before or that I'd never consider even trying! Let s know how it goes-I had only 1 other lady in my class but this was her 6th lesson so she was way ahead of me. Who knows? maybe a spotter from dancing with th stars will be in your class just waiting for you to show your stuff!
Have fun!!  Mary
peachynptc
on 4/25/11 12:06 pm - Fayetteville, GA
I forgot to ask my surgeon when I could start Zumba and running. He said I could up my walking when I asked him. I am 2 weeks post op. When did you guys start?

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

steelerfan1
on 4/25/11 3:46 pm
I have the lapband so don't know if time wise
Is different for different surgeries but I wasn't allowed
Nothing like that till about six weeks out

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

tinamarie47
on 4/25/11 11:19 pm - Hot Springs, SD
I do ZUMBA twice a week and I love it!!! Just had a class last night. Don't worry about keeping up with everyone else or doing the moves perfectly-just move and have fun. It's a great calorie burn. If you like it and decide to stay with it I would recommend getting dance sneakers so you don't injure yourself...ankles or knees. I purchased some Nike Mystique's for under $50 online.

Hope you love it!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active