Wow.....there is much support on these forums.....

Susan S.
on 4/24/11 11:10 pm - Roselle, NJ
 I came home from a lovely weekend in CT after wearing another gorgeous dress ....to 23 PMs in my mail box.  Seems a post I made last week about having trouble with some raw carrots brought out the vitriolic in one of the very few I've blocked on OH.  After all the years I've been on OH I shouldn't be surprised by hatefulness and personal attack from an obviously troubled person.....but I also wasn't surprised by loving support by long held friends and a number of new ones.  Light always balances out darkness.   Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Johanna !
on 4/24/11 11:40 pm - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
LOVE the new avatar!!!
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 12:02 am - Charlotte, NC
Sadly, some people are never taught, "If you don't have anything nice to say; keep quiet"; aka:manners. You are strong and confident; winners hang with winners.
VERY nice new av!
Maria612
on 4/25/11 12:08 am
Susan, you are valuable to us here on OH.  Screw the haters and keep posting.  maria
SW / CW / GW
327/203/ 180  
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 12:19 am
I've read your posts for a long time. You share information in a straight forward way. You have been consistently supportive but realistic, and that's not easy to do. You don't treat WLS as a magic bullet. You talk about the necessity of mindful eating and exercise in being a successful post op.

Your posts are some of the best on this board. Unfortunately some people can't handle the success of others, especially if they are struggling.  I'm glad that you can see such a pointlessly negative post for what it is; 'hatefulness... from an obviously troubled person'.

Keep up the really good work you do.
Amy R.
on 4/25/11 2:31 am
Exactly.  What Fin said.    ^^^^^
Lady Lithia
on 4/25/11 1:46 pm

Yeah, I try to ignore Susan's whole EXERCISE thing (because, y'know, exercise is evil!) And so long as I practice selective hearing/reading, she and I get along all right

PS... Hi! Long time no "see"

PPS .... I know exercise isn't evil.... I still avoid it like it is though.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Frank_B
on 4/25/11 12:29 am - Woodbridge, NJ
i always say if you don't like what someone has said or posted, just close the post and move on.  screw the haters.  I for one don't need any drama and i am sure you don't either

martitalinda
on 4/25/11 12:37 am
 Just keep shining my beautiful sista!!!! I have gotten tons of support and encouragement and also gained much knowledge from you and your very educational postings .... I had to honor to meet you in person and the privilige to read your postings on here .... Keep on being you.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL AVIE.... IT STILL DOES YOU NO JUSTICE ... A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN INSIDE AND OUT IRL TOO....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

newmerightnow
on 4/25/11 12:58 am - AK
  Hi Susan, I am new at all of this, but boy do I know what you mean.  This is my first time ever doing any type of blogs, or post on this site or any other web sites. I thought it would be good because my doctor told me about it to get more information before my RNY surgery in September.  I have written a couple of post and got fairly good responses, but I answered one about a question someone asked about a diet aide.  I answered it giving my opinion of how it worked for me based on facts, not from what I had heard or seen on T.V./radio, and boy did I get attacked.  I received tons of hateful messages that said, I was stupid, and one person said I was committing fraud.  After reading your post I am wondering if this is real common. How did you block these people?  I sure hope it gets better or I guess I will have to look for another website for support and information.  Have a great day.
Most Active